What's Your Favourite Bible Verse?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2012, 11:18 PM
RE: What's Your Favourite Bible Verse?
(11-09-2012 10:48 AM)GeneralHeresy Wrote:  Be you Atheist or Theist, what is your all-time fav bible verse?

I'm still struggling between the "You can't wear clothing made of more than one material" (Deuteronomy 22:11) and "everyone got up and out of their graves and walked around town greeting family and old friends" (Matthew 27:52-53).

Silly law...or zombies...

I don't see a possibility of having a personal satisfaction of quoting a single verse even as an atheist, but I do have a favorite story.

I am personally a fan of the story of Vashti, a queen from the book of Esther, because of her independent actions against her husband’s emasculation when she refused to obey his order to unclothe for him and his party, of course the older and more sensitive congregation will tell you she only refused to dance, but they’ll refuse to say why their own book they claim God wrote contains differentiating tellings of the same story. But for me it is pleasant to see rebellion for self-respect no matter what the cost in a book where most if not all women outside of her history were punished for less resistance. It almost relates to my own history, threaten my life with fire enough times without merit and I will only consume more bacon.

But indeed, real or artificial, which regardless of my appeal to its morality, I’d go with the latter-her sacrifice to herself bloomed into an extreme cause for women abroad, and it is indeed a sacrifice far more luxurious and powerful than that of ol’ Jesus Christ, who can not even hold a sack in comparison due to his foretold knowledge of his own resurrection.

Vashti is truly the only story and character from a book that has purloined so many of its rituals and fairy tails from separate religious scriptures such as the Egyptian Book of the Dead that I hold dear to my figure.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:29 PM
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world...."

Secondly
Mark 3:29 "He that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness."

And lastly
Revelation 20:15 "And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

Oh... I forgot one
Deuteronomy 23:1 "If a man's testicles are crushed or his penis is cut off, he may not be admitted to the assembly of the lord."
12-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Never read it and can't even sight any off the top of my head.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
13-09-2012, 04:31 PM
"I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" (Gospel of Matthew 10:34)

always love that verse as well as samson killing 1200 pharisees with the jawbone of erxom.. sorry ass.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
13-09-2012, 05:33 PM
(13-09-2012 04:31 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" (Gospel of Matthew 10:34)

always love that verse as well as samson killing 1200 pharisees with the jawbone of erxom.. sorry ass.

I'm viewing what you've done there. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-09-2012, 12:51 AM
(13-09-2012 04:31 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" (Gospel of Matthew 10:34)

JC: not scared of the S-word Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-09-2012, 12:59 AM
(13-09-2012 04:31 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  always love that verse as well as samson killing 1200 pharisees with the jawbone of erxom.. sorry ass.

Philistines, not pharisees.
14-09-2012, 09:45 AM
right philistines. my bad

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
14-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Deut 6:15 (?)
for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.\

What the hell is he so jealous of? Pantheon remnant from the move from three to one god?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-09-2012, 10:34 AM
(11-09-2012 12:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  The original Hebrew was "Jesus wanked"... Y'know... what you do when you're feeling sad... but the Greek translators spilled coffee on the essential bit... that's why I always use the NASB translation of the Bible which has accurate reproductions of the coffee stains for the discerning customer, so that you can judge for yourself.

Aha! Evidence of the coming of the lord.

Are you sure it was a coffee stain?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post