What's Your O.C.D.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2015, 07:00 AM
RE: What's Your O.C.D.?
As a kid, it was multiples of 4. If I was going up a flight of stairs, for example, I'd count them and if it looked like the number of stairs wasn't going to be a multiple of 4, I'd skip some of the stairs (i.e. step over 1 or 2 at a time) to make sure my number of steps going up the stairs ended being a multiple of 4.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2015, 07:02 AM
(26-01-2015 10:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-01-2015 08:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Never been inside a pajama? What do you sleep in?

I sleep nude. It's a time saver for a middle of the night romp between the sheets if you really must know. Tongue

I was actually referring to wall mart -- I've never been inside one. In fact, I never saw one until I moved to Oregon. They didn't have any of those when I lived near San Francisco.

NUDE Gasp

Drooling

I was borrowing from the old Groucho Marx joke.

“I once shot an elephant in my pajamas.”
“How it got into my pajamas I’ll never know.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
27-01-2015, 08:56 AM
As a child, my food could not touch one another. This made the eating of casseroles impossible which was no doubt frustrating for my mom who was feeding a family of 6. Happily that idea left me as I got older. At the age I am now, I have a few things that bug me. The dishwasher has to be filled a certain way, the glasses and dishes have to be put away just right. I don't see it as OCD though. I see it as making the best use of space.
27-01-2015, 09:25 AM
(27-01-2015 12:04 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-01-2015 11:53 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Im not sure th is counts. This has developed since I became a mom but i have to clean! I have a notebook with a schedule in it for day, weekly, and monthly. There is a calender checklist for each month as well. And I have to do it in basically the same order every day.

I became the same way. I think for me, it became about controlling what I could. When the boys were babies, so much was completely out of my control, I began to seize control over things like the housework, laundry and meals. Blush

I think mine comes from the fact my mum is a bit of a hoarder. I was already worried about messes before hobbit but it's worse now. Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
27-01-2015, 11:43 AM
(27-01-2015 09:25 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 12:04 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I became the same way. I think for me, it became about controlling what I could. When the boys were babies, so much was completely out of my control, I began to seize control over things like the housework, laundry and meals. Blush

I think mine comes from the fact my mum is a bit of a hoarder. I was already worried about messes before hobbit but it's worse now. Lol

I became a neat nut after my first child was born and I'm not a naturally tidy person. I like a bit of clutter around. But after my first daughter was born I had to keep all the toys in order and the diapers organized and everything clean.

I think it has something to do with the nesting hormones that are surging throughout your body. When you're nursing your body produces prolactin which is such a wonderful calming hormone. I could be wrong but I think oxytocin is also floating around in your body.

For me it lasted for two children born two years apart and four years total. I then went back to my happy clutter.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Only time my house has ever been clean was when I was on ADHD meds.

ADHD - it's the anti OCD.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
27-01-2015, 12:07 PM
I just thought of another one...this one really makes me twitch..

People who post pictures, say a view outside their window, but the picture is taken far enough away that you can see all their crap lying around.

Seriously....

Take a moment to clean your crap filled kitchen table up or move closer to the window.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Scientific inaccuracy, especially if it is done with someone that ignorant and if it is in any aspect of biology(pretty much my spectrum of science). When it is someone I know trying to be scientifically in accurate to bother me, I am unfazed, but when someone, even my friends don't know something and state it as fact, something in me wants to blow up. I.E when my friend said that t-rex and velociraptors lived in the same area, I wanted to scream. I also went onto more scientific inaccuracies on the t-rex but I was able to keep my cool as I consider him a brother.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-01-2015, 05:16 PM
(27-01-2015 07:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I was borrowing from the old Groucho Marx joke.

“I once shot an elephant in my pajamas.”
“How it got into my pajamas I’ll never know.”

Karl Marx was funnier. Tongue

Half of the posts in this thread apply (or applies? Chas?) to me.

When I start a project, it must be perfect. It needn't stay perfect, but I must at least make it perfect. e.g. My truck is filthy. One day I will clean it, and every spec of dust, dirt, and spilled soda will be scrubbed until it is immaculate - not a mark or spec of dust to be found. I will spend 10 hours on it, easily. It will look as good as the day as it did when it rolled off the assembly-line. Eight months later it will look like it has been the daily driver of the creature from the black lagoon, and I will start again.

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
27-01-2015, 05:34 PM
(27-01-2015 05:16 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Half of the posts in this thread apply (or applies? Chas?) to me.

"apply" Half is a collective noun.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post