What's Your O.C.D.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: What's Your O.C.D.?
(27-01-2015 11:52 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Only time my house has ever been clean was when I was on ADHD meds.

ADHD - it's the anti OCD.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-01-2015, 06:10 PM
(27-01-2015 05:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 05:16 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Half of the posts in this thread apply (or applies? Chas?) to me.

"apply" Half is a collective noun.

I knew you were good for something! Everyone else argued, but I knew it! Big Grin

27-01-2015, 06:14 PM
(27-01-2015 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 11:52 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Only time my house has ever been clean was when I was on ADHD meds.

Now I know how I want to die. Thanks, Girly!

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
27-01-2015, 06:18 PM
(27-01-2015 06:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 05:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  "apply" Half is a collective noun.

I knew you were good for something! Everyone else argued, but I knew it! Big Grin

Everyone? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2015, 06:22 PM
When I go to a public bathroom and there's several stalls I usually go into the middle stall or as close to the middle as I can. I used to think that the middle stall was the cleanest one but apparently it isn't. I still go into the middle stall though. I can't figure out why, some psychological thing I guess.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-01-2015, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2015 06:41 PM by Free Thought.)
I like everything to be neat and orderly. I have been known to spend hours obsessively attempting to re-arrange things in such a way as the be as near to exact in terms of a desired manner of order as possible, and there can be as little wasted space as possible: All DVDs/books/what-have-yous will occupy a certain amount of space on x amount of shelves, two shelves will be dedicated to empty space and one for unsightly storage of miscellaneous items and those which have physical profiles which do not allow them to be stored in a suitable manner.
When such cannot be achieved, I've been known to grow highly irrational and annoyed for reasons I cannot comprehend myself.

My glasses must be streak-free. There cannot be even the smallest of detectable streaks upon them, else I will clean them endlessly until they are actually clean.

I've been told off by my teachers in the past because I tend to obsessively re-write letters and words until they look 'right' to me.

All the notes in my wallet must face the same way and come into alignment.

If I am folding paper, the corners must be near-perfectly aligned (of course, the only applies to the first-fold, after which such alignment is impossible).

The only numbers I care for end in 0's or 5's. Anything else grates me.

The toilet paper roll must be facing away from the wall. That way it is more efficient and comfortable to use.

I tend to refuse to hand-in assignments which are not 'perfect'. Of course, I can never reach said goal, so I've often missed out on points during my school-life as my work was never good enough. Ever.

I will break my stride to avoid stepping on the spaces between cement pavement blocks, or on large cracks within.

When I hang my clothing to dry, everything must be placed in an orderly way based on category; shirts and other upper-torso covering garments occupy one section of the rack or line, pants and such-likes occupy the section apart from them and undergarments occupy the space left in between.

If I am asked to clean a bench or some such, I often ask how clean the asker wants it; if not I might expend an inordinate amount of time on the project cleaning away every single stain or mark I can find until said area is totally clear of offending marks and detritus.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-01-2015, 06:43 PM
(27-01-2015 06:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  The toilet paper roll must be facing away from the wall. That way it is more efficient and comfortable to use.

Facing away from the wall with the end coming from behind over the top, and the tear off point centered halfway down exactly in the middle. Not because I'm OCD, but because that was how I was instructed to do it in boot camp and drill sergeant made sure it became habit. I still do it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
27-01-2015, 08:14 PM
(27-01-2015 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That! Was! Awesome!

I'm an adrenaline junkie myself...though I usually prefer it to be OTHER people's lives hanging in the balance. I loved working trauma team. Fucking hectic organized chaos. Damn if time doesn't slow down.

I'm with dark light on this - that would be an awesome way to go Smile

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
27-01-2015, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2015 08:28 PM by TheGulegon.)
(27-01-2015 04:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oddly enough, you said that three times. Consider

Blink That's a sentence made up of letters, dude! How big a crazy asshole would you have to be to get angry at odd letters? Rolleyes

(27-01-2015 05:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I was tempted to give you your 26,000th like for that.

But then ... 25,999 ... so much more pain for TheGulegon

Big Grin

Angry [Image: goddammit-god-damn-it-goddammit.png] Censored

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
27-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Damn, do I have to list them in alphabetical order?
From worse to best?
From the oldest to the newest?

Tongue

Ok for example:

I must finish the song I'm listening to for the play count. If I don't like the end of the song, but I've listened to almost all of it, I'll manually skip to 3/4 seconds from the end.

I also clear the time in the microwave, and if after a black out the timer shows 00:00 (all the leds are on), I'll reset it to normal.

If someone makes a mistake writing in a language, I'll have the urge to correct them, but if there isn't a safe way to say it, I usually resist for a peaceful coexistence.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]