What's Your O.C.D.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: What's Your O.C.D.?
(27-01-2015 06:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  The toilet paper roll must be facing away from the wall. That way it is more efficient and comfortable to use.

Oh I absolutely Heart you.

You did remind me of something else. When I'm cooking, I have things arranged a certain way, each task timed out to the second. I hate it, hate it hate it, when people put shit where they "think" it should go.

Now, these people I'm talkiing about LIVE IN THIS HOUSE, and aren't NEW. After almost 10 years if you have to ask -- just stay the fuck out of the kitchen.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-01-2015, 09:13 PM
(27-01-2015 06:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  The toilet paper roll must be facing away from the wall. That way it is more efficient and comfortable to use.

Never an issue here as I am the only one with the incredible skill required to actually put a new roll of toilet paper on the roller. Dodgy

I would like lessons on how to keep glasses completely streak free - after wearing glasses since 1970, I still haven't mastered that art.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-01-2015, 09:53 PM
(27-01-2015 09:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Never an issue here as I am the only one with the incredible skill required to actually put a new roll of toilet paper on the roller. Dodgy

I would like lessons on how to keep glasses completely streak free - after wearing glasses since 1970, I still haven't mastered that art.

Depending on where I am I seem to be the only person who deliberately does it correctly. My brother seems to insist on placing rolls incorrectly, so I have to, every time, reset the roll. and at my mother's house we seem to be the only two who know how to do it at all!

I have no technique; just stubborn, obsessive wiping...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Every time I get something to drink it has to be from a clean glass. My wife is going to stone me to death with dirty glasses someday.
[+] 1 user Likes Jack_Ripper's post
28-01-2015, 06:52 AM
(27-01-2015 09:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Depending on where I am I seem to be the only person who deliberately does it correctly. My brother seems to insist on placing rolls incorrectly, so I have to, every time, reset the roll. and at my mother's house we seem to be the only two who know how to do it at all!

I have no technique; just stubborn, obsessive wiping...

I really hope those are two unrelated issues
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
28-01-2015, 08:14 AM
I have a few things that I feel strongly about, too. I don't consider it OCD in the slightest. OCD is a serious medical condition and is not accompanied by any humorous feeling (from what I've seen). I doubt people who giggle and say "omg I'm so OCD about this! Haha!" will have a mental breakdown if they can't correct some perceived problem.

I find many things annoying and I want to correct them, including people using the term OCD to describe some habit or pet peeve that they have.

I feel strongly about things being cleaned properly. Don't start a job and then half-ass it. If you're going to clean the bathroom, you're going to clean every part of the bathroom, not just sweep the floor.

I hate littering. I want to murder people who litter. The most I can ever do is just glare strongly in their direction.

I hate cigarette smoke. It stinks and it's disgusting and smokers throw their butts everywhere: littering.

I enjoy organizing, making things straight, and feeling accomplished after my task is finished.

If somebody's collar is standing up or a sleeve is folded on a t-shirt, I fix it for them. Usually just with people I know.

I also agree about the toilet roll needing to be facing out and not squeezing from the middle of a tube. It's frustrating otherwise.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
28-01-2015, 08:19 AM
(28-01-2015 08:14 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I hate littering. I want to murder people who litter. The most I can ever do is just glare strongly in their direction.

I hate cigarette smoke. It stinks and it's disgusting and smokers throw their butts everywhere: littering.

I think you're in the wrong country Big Grin On the upside, every morning in China the street sweepers come out to clean up all that stuff.

'Murican Canadian
28-01-2015, 08:29 AM
(28-01-2015 08:19 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 08:14 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I hate littering. I want to murder people who litter. The most I can ever do is just glare strongly in their direction.

I think you're in the wrong country Big Grin On the upside, every morning in China the street sweepers come out to clean up all that stuff.

I know! I'm constantly scowling!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
28-01-2015, 08:33 AM
This thread seems fun since almost everyone has some kind of "minor" OCD. Mines are:
- I have a specific place for every object in my pockets (jeans or suit trousers depending on the day) and for every pocket in my jackets - Cellphone --> Right pocket Lighter --> Left pocket Wallet - Jacket left outside pocket, keys and coins --> Jacket outside right pocket Pack of cigarettes --> Inside jacket pocket. I have the habit of checking my pockets constantly and I get paranoid if I put things in the wrong place

- I have to keep my shoes constantly clean. If there is a small insignificant dirt, I have to clean it, RIGHT AWAY...

- When I played videogames in console games were ordered by alphabetical order

- When I go to the supermarket, groceries are picked up by alphabetical order as well (the list is alphabetical too)

I can't remember anything else

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Blackout's post
28-01-2015, 09:27 AM
(27-01-2015 06:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I like everything to be neat and orderly. I have been known to spend hours obsessively attempting to re-arrange things in such a way as the be as near to exact in terms of a desired manner of order as possible, and there can be as little wasted space as possible: All DVDs/books/what-have-yous will occupy a certain amount of space on x amount of shelves, two shelves will be dedicated to empty space and one for unsightly storage of miscellaneous items and those which have physical profiles which do not allow them to be stored in a suitable manner.
When such cannot be achieved, I've been known to grow highly irrational and annoyed for reasons I cannot comprehend myself.

My glasses must be streak-free. There cannot be even the smallest of detectable streaks upon them, else I will clean them endlessly until they are actually clean.

I've been told off by my teachers in the past because I tend to obsessively re-write letters and words until they look 'right' to me.

All the notes in my wallet must face the same way and come into alignment.

If I am folding paper, the corners must be near-perfectly aligned (of course, the only applies to the first-fold, after which such alignment is impossible).

The only numbers I care for end in 0's or 5's. Anything else grates me.

The toilet paper roll must be facing away from the wall. That way it is more efficient and comfortable to use.

I tend to refuse to hand-in assignments which are not 'perfect'. Of course, I can never reach said goal, so I've often missed out on points during my school-life as my work was never good enough. Ever.

I will break my stride to avoid stepping on the spaces between cement pavement blocks, or on large cracks within.

When I hang my clothing to dry, everything must be placed in an orderly way based on category; shirts and other upper-torso covering garments occupy one section of the rack or line, pants and such-likes occupy the section apart from them and undergarments occupy the space left in between.

If I am asked to clean a bench or some such, I often ask how clean the asker wants it; if not I might expend an inordinate amount of time on the project cleaning away every single stain or mark I can find until said area is totally clear of offending marks and detritus.

Geesh, Free Thought, hope you're not married. All your little foibles would drive me crazy. Relax, this is the one life we have and it's way too short to spend it endlessly fussing over stuff.

Oh well, whatever. Drinking Beverage

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.