What's Your Story?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2010, 11:55 PM
RE: What's Your Story?
(02-10-2010 08:00 PM)Reason Wrote:  I couldn't simply ignore science when it became inconvenient for God.

It appears that 'Reason' is a very fitting user name for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2010, 07:25 PM

Wow, it's been really great reading all of your stories over the past few days. It's been really encouraging for me! It great to know I'm not alone. Please continue to share your stories with me!
Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm glad that you feel better now, I was raised by a protestant mother and catholic father, there was a time when I was a believer and I lived every day in a never ending "mea culpa", I was in a catholic school for almost 9 years and I suffered discrimination from my school mates, even my family during my childhood, I'm from Mexico and I can tell you that is not easy to be an atheist here, my mother's christian fellowship told me that I have not any control over myself, my life and my choices, only god, thats when I finally became an atheist, since my childhood I started to question the faith after watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos, still I was a believer because I was afraid of being punished by a celestial overlord, after that argument about being a mere puppet of an invisible diety I decided to "cut my strings" and started to think for myself, fo course at the beginning I was afraid, but fear is part of human nature, is not easy to get rid of fear but is not impossible.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply