What's a MET?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 07:32 AM
RE: What's a MET?
As far as I know radio wave is a radio wave. Photon is a wave/particle that produces light. Radio wave is a wave that is not producing light. So by my limited knowledge, I would say NO, photon is not the radio wave. But I do not completely understand what does it mean: "Is there a photon for the radio wave"? What do you mean photon FOR a radio wave?

Either you are still tripping from your last acid experience, or something is wrong in Denmark...

Big Grin

P.S.

A wavelength is only the frequency at which one wave "waves". Still do not see how all this mumbo-jumbo connects, care to elaborate it for me. I seem to be slow today. Thank you.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2012, 07:38 AM
(28-08-2012 07:32 AM)Filox Wrote:  As far as I know radio wave is a radio wave. Photon is a wave/particle that produces light. Radio wave is a wave that is not producing light. So by my limited knowledge, I would say NO, photon is not the radio wave. But I do not completely understand what does it mean: "Is there a photon for the radio wave"? What do you mean photon FOR a radio wave?

Either you are still tripping from your last acid experience, or something is wrong in Denmark...

Big Grin

P.S.

A wavelength is only the frequency at which one wave "waves". Still do not see how all this mumbo-jumbo connects, care to elaborate it for me. I seem to be slow today. Thank you.

Wave/photon applies to every frequency of electromagnetic radiation, not just visible light.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2012, 07:53 AM
So you are saying that wave=photon? Or that only photon abilities can be applied to every wave?

-Hunter S. Thompson
28-08-2012, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2012 08:02 AM by robotworld.)
(28-08-2012 07:32 AM)Filox Wrote:  As far as I know radio wave is a radio wave. Photon is a wave/particle that produces light. Radio wave is a wave that is not producing light. So by my limited knowledge, I would say NO, photon is not the radio wave. But I do not completely understand what does it mean: "Is there a photon for the radio wave"? What do you mean photon FOR a radio wave?

Big Grin

P.S.

Let me help. Yes, there is a photon for radio waves. Like Chas mentioned, the concept of a photon applies to all EM radiation. We usually associated a photon being a packet of light, but "light" in this sense refers to the entire EM spectrum, not just visible light. Wave-particle duality applies to all.

Quote:So you are saying that wave=photon? Or that only photon abilities can be applied to every wave?

In a sense, the EM waves either behave like waves or particles depending on the experiment you subject the wave to (Diffraction and Photoelectric effect respectively). To put it across more accurately, electromagnetic waves have both wave-like and particulate natures.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
28-08-2012, 07:59 AM

Big Grin

P.S.

radio, gamma, light in all or no color = Electromagnetic (electric and magnetic FIELDS, in perpendicular planes) ALL CASES

these FACTS you need to hold, before ranting 'well its a particle or wave' and make it seem that when a question that YOU cannot answer, slaps you in the face, it is because you've never thought of that, perhaps

ie.... you just learned of the magnetron and how long have you owned one?
28-08-2012, 08:15 AM
No, I only forgot about the last thing about photons I read about. How they are carriers of light, but not the light itself...

Anyway, I don't mind looking stupid, at least I will now ask questions and learn something new. What the fuck is wrong with that?

What about magnetron? Are you implying my microwave is a Megatron? Magnetron? So? What's the big deal in the name, it's a microwave.

You see, we had quite a few loonies on this forum, and every now and then a new one comes, he (usually a male) thinks that he is so much smarter that all of us here, so they tend to just start with random stupid posts and then bask in their eternal superiority as some of us did not study physics.

You know what Megatron, if you were that smart, you would write a normal post with a lot of interesting facts, examples and links. You would stupidify all that for us stupid humans to understand. But I have a feeling you do not have to ability to simplify things, as you yourself do not fully understand what you want to say.

It OK.

[Image: if-you-cant-explain-it-simply-you-dont-u...enough.jpg]

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
28-08-2012, 08:59 AM
(28-08-2012 08:15 AM)Filox Wrote:  No, I only forgot about the last thing about photons I read about. How they are carriers of light, but not the light itself...

Anyway, I don't mind looking stupid,
neither do i

havent ya noticed?

Quote:at least I will now ask questions and learn something new. What the fuck is wrong with that?
nothing at all.

i am here in a den of wolves, taking snips from each and as long as folk like you are learning, nothing can undo it. You learn, i learn how to convey.
Quote:What about magnetron? Are you implying my microwave is a Megatron? Magnetron? So? What's the big deal in the name, it's a microwave.
the cavity created the WAVELENGTH, used for imposing a 'RESONANCE" to mass.

Most dont comprehend the analogy, but the FACT of HOW IT WORKS, is being understood, by YOU, NOW!
Quote:You see, we had quite a few loonies on this forum, and every now and then a new one comes, he (usually a male) thinks that he is so much smarter that all of us here, so they tend to just start with random stupid posts and then bask in their eternal superiority as some of us did not study physics.

i aint superior.

I opened up my opening thread to the forum, claiming i just had a story to tell.

nothing more

Some would like to 'walk on water' and be considered something special, but i prefer showing how ANYONE can walk on water.

ie... just freeze it first

I dont play games. And i am dead serious when it comes to UNDERSTANDING
Quote:You know what Megatron, if you were that smart, you would write a normal post with a lot of interesting facts, examples and links. You would stupidify all that for us stupid humans to understand. But I have a feeling you do not have to ability to simplify things, as you yourself do not fully understand what you want to say.

a magnetron is a stupid divise

i used the analogy to assist, even YOU in comprehending a concept.

That's it.

The thread is on MET (Mass, energy, time) and i propose that the world is infor a paradigm shift in comprehending nature.

that's it

No magic,

no miracles,

nothing special,

just knowledge is evolving and we are all on the train ride.

I dont ask for much, except the integrity of the parties articulating.

Otherwise, i am the nasties wolf on the globe

bar none!
28-08-2012, 09:02 AM
(28-08-2012 08:59 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 08:15 AM)Filox Wrote:  No, I only forgot about the last thing about photons I read about. How they are carriers of light, but not the light itself...

Anyway, I don't mind looking stupid,
neither do i

havent ya noticed?

Quote:at least I will now ask questions and learn something new. What the fuck is wrong with that?
nothing at all.

i am here in a den of wolves, taking snips from each and as long as folk like you are learning, nothing can undo it. You learn, i learn how to convey.
Quote:What about magnetron? Are you implying my microwave is a Megatron? Magnetron? So? What's the big deal in the name, it's a microwave.
the cavity created the WAVELENGTH, used for imposing a 'RESONANCE" to mass.

Most dont comprehend the analogy, but the FACT of HOW IT WORKS, is being understood, by YOU, NOW!
Quote:You see, we had quite a few loonies on this forum, and every now and then a new one comes, he (usually a male) thinks that he is so much smarter that all of us here, so they tend to just start with random stupid posts and then bask in their eternal superiority as some of us did not study physics.

i aint superior.

I opened up my opening thread to the forum, claiming i just had a story to tell.

nothing more

Some would like to 'walk on water' and be considered something special, but i prefer showing how ANYONE can walk on water.

ie... just freeze it first

I dont play games. And i am dead serious when it comes to UNDERSTANDING
Quote:You know what Megatron, if you were that smart, you would write a normal post with a lot of interesting facts, examples and links. You would stupidify all that for us stupid humans to understand. But I have a feeling you do not have to ability to simplify things, as you yourself do not fully understand what you want to say.

a magnetron is a stupid divise

i used the analogy to assist, even YOU in comprehending a concept.

That's it.

The thread is on MET (Mass, energy, time) and i propose that the world is infor a paradigm shift in comprehending nature.

that's it

No magic,

no miracles,

nothing special,

just knowledge is evolving and we are all on the train ride.

I dont ask for much, except the integrity of the parties articulating.

Otherwise, i am the nasties wolf on the globe

bar none!

But you seem to have no ability explaining. Seriously, what concepts are you trying to get across?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2012, 09:06 AM
OK, I get that. And unlike the rest, I can spend days talking to you. What you need to do is learn how to fucking make a story. You just flew in and started raving about nothing at all, then we had to guess what the fuck MET means... That is NOT the way you make people interested in debate/discussion. You sir, are acting like a troll, even if you aren't one.

You can have as much facts and knowledge as you want, but if you lack the basic social skills to transmit that to other people, then you are alone in your talk.

Now, feel free to wildly rant around and then call us all stupid because we do not understand what the fuck you are ranting about.

Or change the way you speak to other people and start having conversations with people.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
28-08-2012, 09:18 AM
(28-08-2012 09:06 AM)Filox Wrote:  OK, I get that. And unlike the rest, I can spend days talking to you. What you need to do is learn how to fucking make a story. You just flew in and started raving about nothing at all, then we had to guess what the fuck MET means... That is NOT the way you make people interested in debate/discussion. You sir, are acting like a troll, even if you aren't one.

i came here, with an open mind, only biased by what i read.

and now read the replies from the posters.

So i cant fight back?

i showed material that anyone can read for themselves.

I dont need to prove anything to anyone

Quote:You can have as much facts and knowledge as you want, but if you lack the basic social skills to transmit that to other people, then you are alone in your talk.

no shit.

ya think i dont know that.

If i was liked, i would be even nastier! You just pick up what is new and makes sense and dont worry about me being liked.
Quote:Now, feel free to wildly rant around and then call us all stupid because we do not understand what the fuck you are ranting about.
not even close.

If you wanting to understand, then ask me what you dont understand. geeze
Quote:Or change the way you speak to other people and start having conversations with people.

screw that.

i will do it MY WAY.

If i sought the so called appreciation within the values of today, i would rule the world!