What's a forum about?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2012, 12:53 PM
RE: What's a forum about?
(22-02-2012 12:47 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Maybe the answer is for people to send PM's but just post a little message in the thread that they have done so. That way they can publicly show support without causing a heated debate that completely derails the thread.

Sure, I like that idea. I will try to do that in the future should I find myself in a position of contributing to thread derailment- particularly where grief and requests for support was the purpose of the thread.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2012, 01:03 PM
(22-02-2012 12:47 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Maybe the answer is for people to send PM's but just post a little message in the thread that they have done so. That way they can publicly show support without causing a heated debate that completely derails the thread.

Good call Hughsie. Don't be to hard on people either - it's not like we've had to deal with a guy like Egor before. Personally I'm happy to add a one line "Egor you're being a dick" to any thread and less happy to PM him because then OMFG I might be forced into some kind of painful conversation Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-02-2012, 03:10 PM
So does anyone realize that this very thread has been derailed by Egor without him even contributing?? Do you see that there are now sereral threads about him?

Egor is NOT to blame for any of this.

I think Egor can be a supreme dick. But when you let someone you don't like dictate your emotion, it's your own damn fault. Not to mention, we can all be dicks, and Egor is in the major minority here. That may not excuse him behavior (KC sets the bar for getting along with people who don't share his thinking, so no playing the KC card) but it sure as hell deserves a little leeway. He doesn't cope very well, and sure he is probably pretty looney, but it's you guys who are creating your own bad experience on the forum by letting him affect you.

C'mon everyone, stop letting someone else make you angry, and start owning your own roles. The topic here is NE Ohio, a person who I personally would really like to see stay. At the same time, I can't blame him for not. If Egors posts had been isolated bullshit then there probably wouldn't be an issue, but the attention those posts get make it a bigger thing than it needs to be. It turns entire threads into "hate on Egor" discussions, and has now actually created threads to do specifically that.

We all need to grow up (ya ya, including me) and stop trying to blame on bad egg for ruining the batch. Enough already!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-02-2012, 04:04 PM
All of this hating on people hating on Egor is really getting to me. Can't we just hate on AbdelZ for a while?

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
22-02-2012, 08:00 PM
(22-02-2012 03:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So does anyone realize that this very thread has been derailed by Egor without him even contributing?? Do you see that there are now sereral threads about him?

Egor is NOT to blame for any of this.

I think Egor can be a supreme dick. But when you let someone you don't like dictate your emotion, it's your own damn fault. Not to mention, we can all be dicks, and Egor is in the major minority here. That may not excuse him behavior (KC sets the bar for getting along with people who don't share his thinking, so no playing the KC card) but it sure as hell deserves a little leeway. He doesn't cope very well, and sure he is probably pretty looney, but it's you guys who are creating your own bad experience on the forum by letting him affect you.

C'mon everyone, stop letting someone else make you angry, and start owning your own roles. The topic here is NE Ohio, a person who I personally would really like to see stay. At the same time, I can't blame him for not. If Egors posts had been isolated bullshit then there probably wouldn't be an issue, but the attention those posts get make it a bigger thing than it needs to be. It turns entire threads into "hate on Egor" discussions, and has now actually created threads to do specifically that.

We all need to grow up (ya ya, including me) and stop trying to blame on bad egg for ruining the batch. Enough already!

Thanks for making that clear. I wont say names because it only makes it worse. Just let it go. I need to move on. I do wish all my post would be taken down. If i knew how to do it I would. All my best to everyone and you need to try to be kinder to even the ones you disagree with. This is not life or death here. You will not change someone who don't want to change either.
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
22-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Sorry to see you go.

I wouldn't allow your posts to be taken down because they have made their impact on our little forum and that is done, no going back.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
22-02-2012, 08:05 PM
(22-02-2012 08:00 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Thanks for making that clear. I wont say names because it only makes it worse. Just let it go. I need to move on. I do wish all my post would be taken down. If i knew how to do it I would. All my best to everyone and you need to try to be kinder to even the ones you disagree with. This is not life or death here. You will not change someone who don't want to change either.

If your mind's made up then all the best mate. If not then I hope you decide to stick around.

Either way good luck for the future Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.