Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2013, 02:12 PM
What's a supercentenarian look like?
Like he could kill me just by looking at me funny, that's what. Shocking

[Image: 1233.jpg]
[Image: 123.jpg]
[Image: 1232.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2013, 02:37 PM
RE: What's a supercentenarian look like?
While he is very old (and anyone could see that just by looking!) it turns out there are no reliable records. Since the oldest verifiable age is 122, with no verifiable living person over 115, and this man claimed (or was claimed) to be 128 and still alive as of 2012 (last record I could find), I'm calling tentative shenanigans.

But he is old. That is certainly true.

... this is my signature!
16-08-2013, 03:45 PM
(16-08-2013 02:37 PM)cjlr Wrote:  While he is very old (and anyone could see that just by looking!) it turns out there are no reliable records. Since the oldest verifiable age is 122, with no verifiable living person over 115, and this man claimed (or was claimed) to be 128 and still alive as of 2012 (last record I could find), I'm calling tentative shenanigans.

But he is old. That is certainly true.

I think what I read is they are relying on Baptismal records that indicate he is 123 yo. He himself don't fucking know how old he is, "I should be about 100 years old or more.'' And I think to qualify for "official" recognition as a supercentenarian the powers that be require 3 separate sources of verification and that ain't gonna happen in this case. But that ain't my point, think fucker could kill me just by looking at me funny is my point. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
17-08-2013, 04:44 AM
Oy, these claims are always interesting, but without documentation, he's just an ancient man claiming something.

Although, maybe the media is putting words in his mouth?
17-08-2013, 06:03 AM
I doubt he's claiming anything. He doesn't even know how old he is.

He's not even getting a hearing aid and glasses out of this.

Too bad he never had any sort of education, it would be interesting to hear his views on past events, but he isn't cognizant of them... except for what happened in his tiny environment.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-08-2013, 04:21 AM
(17-08-2013 06:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  I doubt he's claiming anything. He doesn't even know how old he is.

Too bad he never had any sort of education, it would be interesting to hear his views on past events, but he isn't cognizant of them... except for what happened in his tiny environment.
He is claiming to be over 100 years old.
18-08-2013, 04:54 AM
(18-08-2013 04:21 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 06:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  I doubt he's claiming anything. He doesn't even know how old he is.

He is claiming to be over 100 years old.

Around a hundred, yes. But you bet he didn't come forth and try to make publicity for himself and then claim that. The guy is living in a tiny place that is cut off from the world, they just got electricity. I bet there is no lighting in his house. He doesn't even know he could get something out of this. I bet if you stuck him in the middle of a big city he'd totally freak out. He wouldn't even know what to do with money.

Someone ought to give him a pair of glasses. That would likely make his life. Being able to see the beauty of the nature around him again ought to make for a lot of happiness there.

We forget that there are still a ton of people in this world who live very simply and don't think the way we do. The Guiness book of records means diddly to him, if he even knows it exists. He doesn't read. If scientists were to show up to study him, it would ruin his life. I don't think he has a horse in this race. Reporters do.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-08-2013, 07:13 AM
I think it would be funny if goat herding in Bolivia was such a rough job that takes an enormous toll on your very being, that it turns out this guy is only 53.
Tongue

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
18-08-2013, 08:10 AM
(18-08-2013 07:13 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  I think it would be funny if goat herding in Bolivia was such a rough job that takes an enormous toll on your very being, that it turns out this guy is only 53.
Tongue

That is certainly possible. But probably not likely, looking at him. Big Grin

18-08-2013, 08:19 AM
A disproportionate number of people on my mother's side went past 100 years, and past 90 on my father's, so I have a good chance of becoming a centenarian. Maybe one day I will be able to show everyone what a super-centenarian looks like. I'll need taxi fare and a trench coat.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]