What's a supercentenarian look like?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2013, 04:19 AM
RE: What's a supercentenarian look like?
(18-08-2013 04:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-08-2013 04:21 AM)Juv Wrote:  He is claiming to be over 100 years old.

Around a hundred, yes. But you bet he didn't come forth and try to make publicity for himself and then claim that. The guy is living in a tiny place that is cut off from the world, they just got electricity. I bet there is no lighting in his house. He doesn't even know he could get something out of this. I bet if you stuck him in the middle of a big city he'd totally freak out. He wouldn't even know what to do with money.
Oy, he would likely find a way to use the money, but you're correct that he is probably not seeking fame and fortune.

That's a young person's game.Shy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2013, 06:54 AM
RE: What's a supercentenarian look like?
(19-08-2013 04:19 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(18-08-2013 04:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  Around a hundred, yes. But you bet he didn't come forth and try to make publicity for himself and then claim that. The guy is living in a tiny place that is cut off from the world, they just got electricity. I bet there is no lighting in his house. He doesn't even know he could get something out of this. I bet if you stuck him in the middle of a big city he'd totally freak out. He wouldn't even know what to do with money.
Oy, he would likely find a way to use the money, but you're correct that he is probably not seeking fame and fortune.

That's a young person's game.Shy

I actually doubt money is much used where he lives. Soon it will be since they just got electricity to town, usually that means that a food store will pop up eventually once someone is able to afford a refrigeration unit. But if you listen to his favorite things - fox meat will still have to be hunted and he still won't get any.

He lives in the day, at that age you don't make plans. You also loath trying new things. His main objective is to maintain what he has, and given the simplicity of his life, he won't have trouble doing so.

As you say, planning the future is for the young...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply