He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2016, 09:31 AM
RE: What s dumber than a creatard?
Odds are this is a drive-by, but whatthehell...

Howdy Bip! Welcome to the forum!

(17-07-2016 09:31 PM)Bippy123 Wrote:  What's dumber then a creatard ?
Someone who claims to love science and then denies it when it goes against their religion .

Science and religion are indeed incompatible.

(17-07-2016 09:31 PM)Bippy123 Wrote:  Atheists do this all the time when it comes to ndes .

Since you didn't introduce yourself properly, I'm going to have to make a few assumptions. Feel free to correct me, if I'm mistaken.

First, I'm going to assume that you are a theist of some sort.

Second, I'm going to assume that you are claiming atheism is a religion.

Third, I'm going to assume that you believe in NDE's.

I'll address these once you confirm/deny them.

(17-07-2016 09:31 PM)Bippy123 Wrote:  The most classic case being Oxford educated ucsd professor of the philosophy of neuroscience professor Patricia churchland during her interview on skeptiko where she got intellectually trounced and ended up having to act like an infant in denial as she hanged up the phone on her interviewer Alex tsakiris after he caught her misrepresenting the peer reviewed research of Nde expert Doctor pim van Lommel .

No links? Bippy, how are we supposed to check this stuff out? Yes, we can (and I am) googling it, but it lends credence to your posts when you give the links.

Syz handled Skeptiko and Alex Tsakiris already, so I'll look at the other information.

wikipedia
Doctor Pim Van Lommel is an NDE researcher, author and retired cardiologist. He has published scientific papers on NDEs and promotes dualism. However his work on NDE's and his dualism model are NOT endorsed by the scientific community. His work has been criticized and his conclusions and methods questioned.

Wikipedia
Patricia Churchland specializes in combining neurology and philosophy. As illustrated by the quote below, she would be very unlikely to support NDE's or pseudoscience of any kind.

Quote:Churchland has focused on the interface between neuroscience and philosophy. According to her, philosophers are increasingly realizing that to understand the mind one must understand the brain. She is associated with a school of thought called eliminative materialism, which argues that commonsense, immediately intuitive, or "folk psychological" concepts such as thought, free will, and consciousness will likely need to be revised in a physically reductionistic way as neuroscientists discover more about the nature of brain function.

In regards to NDE's: These have been debunked fairly thoroughly. Rather than rehash all of that, I suggest you post why you support NDE's and we can take it from there.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
18-07-2016, 06:44 PM
(18-07-2016 09:05 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Huh?? There is something dumber that a creatard? Gasp

Yep! Flat-Earthers. Their contortions of 'reality' put christian apologetics to shame.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post
18-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Lommels works is not peer reviewed it's peer discredited

Your talking shit i remember talking about this. And Churchands side of the story is she claims and it turns out rightly that it was Titski who misrepresented her presentation of Lommels crap and he keep doing it over and over insisting this was what see said when she did not.(typical creationist tactic just keep insisting your opponent believes X even when they tell you not X) Eventually she got so sick of this hatchet job(another typical creationist tactic lure a famous scientist into a fake interview for the purpose of giving yourself unearned credibility or Ken Ham syndrome) and simply hung up .And Titski declared victory(another creationist tactic if you can get your opponent to rage quit because your being an unreasonable ass throw your hands up and claim victory)

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
18-07-2016, 08:17 PM
(18-07-2016 08:00 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Lommels works is not peer reviewed it's peer discredited

This cannot be overemphasized. Lommel submitted his work for peer review. It has not be well received, to say the least. While I, as a layman, would say he made a better effort than most, his published works have been criticized on multiple levels.

To put it another way: An established, experienced doctor made an effort to confirm NDEs. He used the scientific method and published in accepted, mainstream scientific publications. His work was debunked. It did not pass the test.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
18-07-2016, 08:24 PM
(18-07-2016 08:17 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 08:00 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Lommels works is not peer reviewed it's peer discredited

This cannot be overemphasized. Lommel submitted his work for peer review. It has not be well received, to say the least. While I, as a layman, would say he made a better effort than most, his published works have been criticized on multiple levels.

To put it another way: An established, experienced doctor made an effort to confirm NDEs. He used the scientific method and published in accepted, mainstream scientific publications. His work was debunked. It did not pass the test.

oh i know it was submitted for review i'm simply saying just as you said it ultimately failed thus it's now peer discredited

18-07-2016, 08:29 PM
(18-07-2016 08:24 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  oh i know it was submitted for review i'm simply saying just as you said it ultimately failed thus it's now peer discredited

Yup. I was agreeing with you and quoting you for emphasis. Thumbsup

18-07-2016, 08:51 PM
(18-07-2016 08:29 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 08:24 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  oh i know it was submitted for review i'm simply saying just as you said it ultimately failed thus it's now peer discredited

Yup. I was agreeing with you and quoting you for emphasis. Thumbsup

Okay just clarifyingThumbsup

18-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Neither creatards nor flat-earthers are dumb.

I WISH they were dumb. They'd be so much easier to live with if they didn't speak.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
18-07-2016, 11:30 PM
plenty of things, they are not dumb, they are just either brain damaged by the disease of religion, or self deluding themselves with all the false information they have been given.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post