What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
06-11-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
Just had lunch at my favorite local Cuban restaurant. Churrasco wrapped with sweet plantains, white rice and black beans with a side of mariquitas (salted fried plantains). Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-11-2015, 12:42 PM
(06-11-2015 12:34 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Last night I had Italian sausage and vegetables sauteed in olive oil, mixed with rigatoni pasta, topped with mozzarella, and baked for fifteen minutes. And plenty of leftovers for my workweek.

Tonight I'm going to smoke chicken -- two boneless breasts, and two leg quarters -- over pecanwood. I haven't decided on the sides yet. I'm leaning towards roasted potatoes and sauteed mushrooms.

Mmm can I come to dinner? Lols
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-11-2015, 01:02 PM
(06-11-2015 12:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Just had lunch at my favorite local Cuban restaurant. Churrasco wrapped with sweet plantains, white rice and black beans with a side of mariquitas (salted fried plantains). Smile

lol, that term, in Spain, is a homophobic slur.
06-11-2015, 01:54 PM
For my bday, my gf made me...

She made: Toasted Ham, egg, and cheese (mc)muffins for breakfast.

My friend took me to the best teriyaki place in town for lunch. Spicy chicken teriyaki with eggroll, miso soup, and salad.

She made: A re-creation of my favorite restaurant meal. A delicious homemade garlic alfredo with fettuccine, cherry tomatoes, arugula, and prosciutto for dinner. Along with a wedge salad.

She made: Brownie cups with ice cream for dessert.

She has planned: Some awesome toasted caprese bread that would have been lunch if my friend didn't take me out to lunch.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
06-11-2015, 03:01 PM
(06-11-2015 01:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  For my bday, my gf made me...

She made: Toasted Ham, egg, and cheese (mc)muffins for breakfast.

My friend took me to the best teriyaki place in town for lunch. Spicy chicken teriyaki with eggroll, miso soup, and salad.

She made: A re-creation of my favorite restaurant meal. A delicious homemade garlic alfredo with fettuccine, cherry tomatoes, arugula, and prosciutto for dinner. Along with a wedge salad.

She made: Brownie cups with ice cream for dessert.

She has planned: Some awesome toasted caprese bread that would have been lunch if my friend didn't take me out to lunch.

Happy Birthday Smile You have a really sweet girlfriend Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Tonight its Spanish chicken not a real Spanish dish per se but tasty nonetheless, chicken cooked with wine olives tomatoes garlic red peppers anchovies and smoked paprika served with rice.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
07-11-2015, 08:15 AM
About six cups of black coffee.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
07-11-2015, 08:25 AM
(07-11-2015 08:15 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  About six cups of black coffee.

Wow! Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Apple cider doughnuts and black coffee.

I probably should have some dinner. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Going on a hike in a few, then out to dinner for burritos and then some vegan choco fudge ice cream Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post