What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
07-12-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(07-12-2015 08:52 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 08:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I love pineapple on my pizza, but I also add black olives with it and of course daiya "cheese" along with some nutritional yeast and crushed red pepper. You get a mix of salty and sweet. so good!

I've used daiya a few times. It works in light to modest amounts, but when I want to absolutely smother the pizza in cheese until I can't even find the crust, only mozzarella will do Tongue

Yeah, I only use daiya sparingly because you are right if you go crazy with it--it's not very good and takes on a weird consistency. So I load mine up with pineapple and black olives, lightly use daiya and then supplement the rest of the "cheese" flavor with nutritional yeast.

A lot of places in CA are actually carrying daiya now so I can order pizza like a normal person instead of telling them I want a pizza with no cheese like I do in MA and the pizza maker looks at me like this:

[Image: 560382.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Medium-rare Porterhouse and a baked potato with butter, sour cream, and fox point. Coke to wash it down.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
07-12-2015, 11:34 PM
Dinner tonight: Veggie burger and sweet potato fries.

[Image: xq9daf.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-12-2015, 11:37 PM
(07-12-2015 11:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Dinner tonight: Veggie burger and sweet potato fries.

[Image: xq9daf.jpg]

Sweet potato fries? Gasp

[Image: 9289d578bd15ef2a49b08482c8b5f755f4c8bcdc...1b3cf9.jpg]

Tongue

My dad loves them, eats them with a butter, cinnamon, and sugar mix.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Vaggie burger Big Grin

Actually breakfast is ACE Number 1 Super Cereal Instant Porridge. Costs about R10 - 1 USD for a kg. Tastes like bleuargh Rainbow Vomit Haven't been shopping though, so that's what I gotta eat. Life is harrrrd in Africa.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-12-2015, 12:15 AM
(07-12-2015 11:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  Vaggie burger Big Grin

Actually breakfast is ACE Number 1 Super Cereal Instant Porridge. Costs about R10 - 1 USD for a kg. Tastes like bleuargh Rainbow Vomit Haven't been shopping though, so that's what I gotta eat. Life is harrrrd in Africa.

I like steel cut oatmeal with some nuts and blueberries and some cinnamon or organic brown sugar. Maybe if you dressed your porridge up a little it would taste better?

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-12-2015, 12:17 AM
Uh, what is 'organic' brown sugar?

08-12-2015, 12:26 AM
(08-12-2015 12:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, what is 'organic' brown sugar?

It's sustainably grown, no pesticides, no chemical fertilizers, fair trade, no gmo's, vegan.

I use Wholesome Sweeteners brand.

08-12-2015, 12:36 AM
(08-12-2015 12:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

It's sustainably grown, no pesticides, no chemical fertilizers, fair trade, no gmo's, vegan.

I use Wholesome Sweeteners brand.

1 - Non 'organic' crops are more sustainable, because you can grow more crops with less land, because they have been developed to do so.

2 - Organic crops require more pesticides than non-organic ones, because they are less naturally resistant to pests.

3 - All fertilizers are chemicals. The nitrate in cow shit is the same nitrate in commercial fertilizer.

4 - All domesticated crops are 'GMO'. Dairy cows are GMO. Modern bananas and yellow corn are GMO. 'GMO' is a scare word, don't buy into it.

[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-12-2015, 12:44 AM

Certified that the farmer stuck his organ in each sack for 3 seconds minimum.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post