What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
09-12-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
Yeah my creative streak was definitely over with by last night. For dinner I had 3 cans of smoked oysters and a bowl of Mini Wheats.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-12-2015, 08:33 AM
(09-12-2015 07:07 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Guess Tongue

[Image: IMG_20151209_120619.jpg?v=abc00f03]

[Image: IMG_20151209_133358.jpg?v=4653f1b0]

Escargot? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
09-12-2015, 08:36 AM
(09-12-2015 08:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah my creative streak was definitely over with by last night. For dinner I had 3 cans of smoked oysters and a bowl of Mini Wheats.

Mmm smoked oysters yum, you can keep the mini wheats. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
09-12-2015, 08:40 AM
(09-12-2015 08:36 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 08:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah my creative streak was definitely over with by last night. For dinner I had 3 cans of smoked oysters and a bowl of Mini Wheats.

Mmm smoked oysters yum, you can keep the mini wheats. Big Grin

Yeah I love them, though my breath was so bad it was keeping me awake.

'Murican Canadian
09-12-2015, 08:59 AM

[Image: IMG_20151209_120619.jpg?v=abc00f03]

[Image: IMG_20151209_133358.jpg?v=4653f1b0]

[Image: CVyspsdWsAACEbl.jpg]

Has anyone ever try this? its called Lahmacun. My favorite Drooling

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like izel's post
09-12-2015, 11:45 AM
(09-12-2015 08:59 AM)izel Wrote:  

Has anyone ever try this? its called Lahmacun. My favorite Drooling

No, what's in it?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
09-12-2015, 12:13 PM
(09-12-2015 11:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 08:59 AM)izel Wrote:  Has anyone ever try this? its called Lahmacun. My favorite Drooling

No, what's in it?

Ok so, it's called Lahmacun but I had an American family once asking me where they can have a Turkish Pizza? Pizza is not a Turkish dish but I sent them to this very good place where they make real good pizza, they cook it on stone Ohmy and its delicious Drooling. An hour later they came back, the guy tells me although the pizza was delicious, it was not what I asked for. He says I asked for Turkish Pizza, I had once in Turkish restaurant in Chicago. So I fire up google Smile I type Turkish Pizza and the first thing comes up is Lahmacun. Wtf? That dish is nothing even similar to pizza Facepalm. Although lahmacun may look somewhat similar to Italian pizza, their tastes are completely different. Lahmacun is just a bit spicy, the dough is very thin, there is no cheese and the main ingredient is the ground meat. I highly recommend you try it but, there is a right and wrong way to eat lahmacun. You can not eat lahmacun without Ayran (Yogurt drink). Lahmacun without ayran is like pizza without sauce and cheese, beach without water, dick without balls. I don't know how else to put it Jenny just don't do it Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
09-12-2015, 12:32 PM
(09-12-2015 12:13 PM)izel Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 11:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  No, what's in it?

Ok so, it's called Lahmacun but I had an American family once asking me where they can have a Turkish Pizza? Pizza is not a Turkish dish but I sent them to this very good place where they make real good pizza, they cook it on stone Ohmy and its delicious Drooling. An hour later they came back, the guy tells me although the pizza was delicious, it was not what I asked for. He says I asked for Turkish Pizza, I had once in Turkish restaurant in Chicago. So I fire up google Smile I type Turkish Pizza and the first thing comes up is Lahmacun. Wtf? That dish is nothing even similar to pizza Facepalm. Although lahmacun may look somewhat similar to Italian pizza, their tastes are completely different. Lahmacun is just a bit spicy, the dough is very thin, there is no cheese and the main ingredient is the ground meat. I highly recommend you try it but, there is a right and wrong way to eat lahmacun. You can not eat lahmacun without Ayran (Yogurt drink). Lahmacun without ayran is like pizza without sauce and cheese, beach without water, dick without balls. I don't know how else to put it Jenny just don't do it Laugh out load

I love thin breads. I always get thin crust when I get American pizza--otherwise it's too dough-y. In Massachusetts, where I grew up, thin crust is pretty prevalent. When I moved to Ohio, many of the pizza places where I lived had thick crust, which I don't really like. In California, where I live now, it's a mixed bag. I finally found one place that has true thin crust pizza. So good! I like my pizza thin and crispy, dammit Tongue

I like that lahmacun is thin--but I don't eat meat, so I probably would have to "veganize it" and load it up with a faux meat and make a smoothie using coconut "yogurt." But I still think it would probably come out pretty good. Thumbsup I will definitely have to give lahmacun a try!

I agree a dick is nice with balls...or without. I'd be happy with either at this point Laugh out load Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
09-12-2015, 12:45 PM
(09-12-2015 12:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 12:13 PM)izel Wrote:  Ok so, it's called Lahmacun but I had an American family once asking me where they can have a Turkish Pizza? Pizza is not a Turkish dish but I sent them to this very good place where they make real good pizza, they cook it on stone Ohmy and its delicious Drooling. An hour later they came back, the guy tells me although the pizza was delicious, it was not what I asked for. He says I asked for Turkish Pizza, I had once in Turkish restaurant in Chicago. So I fire up google Smile I type Turkish Pizza and the first thing comes up is Lahmacun. Wtf? That dish is nothing even similar to pizza Facepalm. Although lahmacun may look somewhat similar to Italian pizza, their tastes are completely different. Lahmacun is just a bit spicy, the dough is very thin, there is no cheese and the main ingredient is the ground meat. I highly recommend you try it but, there is a right and wrong way to eat lahmacun. You can not eat lahmacun without Ayran (Yogurt drink). Lahmacun without ayran is like pizza without sauce and cheese, beach without water, dick without balls. I don't know how else to put it Jenny just don't do it Laugh out load

I love thin breads. I always get thin crust when I get American pizza--otherwise it's too dough-y. In Massachusetts, where I grew up, thin crust is pretty prevalent. When I moved to Ohio, many of the pizza places where I lived had thick crust, which I don't really like. In California, where I live now, it's a mixed bag. I finally found one place that has true thin crust pizza. So good! I like my pizza thin and crispy, dammit Tongue

I like that lahmacun is thin--but I don't eat meat, so I probably would have to "veganize it" and load it up with a faux meat and make a smoothie using coconut "yogurt." But I still think it would probably come out pretty good. Thumbsup I will definitely have to give lahmacun a try!

I agree a dick is nice with balls...or without. I'd be happy with either at this point Laugh out load Hobo

No forget it Smile no meat no lahmacun for you. You can not be a vegeterian and eat Turkish food No You'd starve to death here. Also ayran is with plain yogurt, no coconut no Facepalm
[Image: 1400727028588.jpg]

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
09-12-2015, 12:52 PM
(09-12-2015 12:45 PM)izel Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 12:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I love thin breads. I always get thin crust when I get American pizza--otherwise it's too dough-y. In Massachusetts, where I grew up, thin crust is pretty prevalent. When I moved to Ohio, many of the pizza places where I lived had thick crust, which I don't really like. In California, where I live now, it's a mixed bag. I finally found one place that has true thin crust pizza. So good! I like my pizza thin and crispy, dammit Tongue

No forget it Smile no meat no lahmacun for you. You can not be a vegeterian and eat Turkish food No You'd starve to death here. Also ayran is with plain yogurt, no coconut no Facepalm

Okay Wink Well, if I came to Turkey I would eat only fruits and veggies then. I could go on a raw food cleanse. Tongue I did 80/10/10 for 3 months before--I couldn't make it past that because I missed french fries too much Wink So I know I could live in Turkey for 3 months if I came for a visit Hobo