What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
20-01-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(20-01-2016 05:24 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Fish 'n' Chips with lots of salt and vinegar!

That's so Irish Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Croissant breakfast sandwich, egg, cheese, bacon. Getting ready to eat homemade clam chowder. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
20-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Adding to my oatmeal with blueberries and almond latte, I had a chickpea salad sandwich with french fries and pasta with a nice glass of wine for dinner Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
21-01-2016, 05:53 AM
Chicken vindaloo with keema nan and maybe a bottle of low alcohol beer to put out the fire
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
21-01-2016, 06:55 AM
Coffee.
Oatmeal with maple syrup.
More coffee.
A tangelo.
A Mountain Dew.
Beef stew from the crock pot; beef, onion, celery, carrots, potato, wine,
with a little Montreal Steak Spice, salt & pepper, accompanied by warm crusty French rolls and butter.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-01-2016, 07:07 AM
Vegetable (pea, cauliflower, carrot, leek) soup with pasta cooked on smoked bone. For seasoning I added cinnamon and soy sauce which in theory don't mesh well with such kind of soup. In practice they do as result was more than good.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
21-01-2016, 10:39 AM
I haven't eaten for two days. I have ulcerative colitis and sometimes eating is a very bad idea. However, I gave myself a shot of Simponi on Monday and tonight I will have a snow crab cluster and a fried spinach salad. My wife makes the best spinach salad in America. My wife also got some snow crab at King Soopers and the woman behind the seafood counter told her they were the best they've had in many months. Susie [my wife] trusted her and now we have a freezer full of them. Susie had one for dinner last night and she said it was exquisite.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
21-01-2016, 11:07 AM
(21-01-2016 10:39 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I haven't eaten for two days. I have ulcerative colitis and sometimes eating is a very bad idea. However, I gave myself a shot of Simponi on Monday and tonight I will have a snow crab cluster and a fried spinach salad. My wife makes the best spinach salad in America. My wife also got some snow crab at King Soopers and the woman behind the seafood counter told her they were the best they've had in many months. Susie [my wife] trusted her and now we have a freezer full of them. Susie had one for dinner last night and she said it was exquisite.

I hope you feel better and enjoy your meal Smile

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Bacon jalapeno cheese fries (with chopped up green onions)!

Baked the fries in the oven for 20 minutes on 425. While baking, I fried up some bacon. After the bacon was cooked, I left a bit of bacon grease in the skillet, and when the fries came out, I poured 'em in. Topped the fries with a copious amount of mozzarella and cheddar cheese, crumbled up the bacon and added it to it, as well as chopped up a jalapeno pepper and a green onion. Threw it in the oven for 15 minutes on 350. They came out perfect!

[Image: HFjN3UZ.jpg]

[Image: V5H76FD.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like UndauntedToast's post
21-01-2016, 12:34 PM
(21-01-2016 12:24 PM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  Bacon jalapeno cheese fries (with chopped up green onions)!

Baked the fries in the oven for 20 minutes on 425. While baking, I fried up some bacon. After the bacon was cooked, I left a bit of bacon grease in the skillet, and when the fries came out, I poured 'em in. Topped the fries with a copious amount of mozzarella and cheddar cheese, crumbled up the bacon and added it to it, as well as chopped up a jalapeno pepper and a green onion. Threw it in the oven for 15 minutes on 350. They came out perfect!

[Image: HFjN3UZ.jpg]

[Image: V5H76FD.jpg]

That looks so good Drooling I love fries and jalapenos. I think I'll try and veganize it and take out the bacon and add vegan bacon and throw in some daiya "cheese."

When I was a vegetarian (prior to vegan) my go to junk food was jalapeno poppers. I have yet to make a suitable vegan version of those. I love hot peppers. You are making me crave some of the pepperoncini I have in the fridge Drooling

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post