What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
21-01-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
I love pepperoncinis! If I would've had some the other day when I made the fried potatoes in coconut oil, I would've mixed them up with the onions in there! Gives it such a delicious flavor!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
21-01-2016, 12:44 PM
(21-01-2016 12:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  When I was a vegetarian (prior to vegan) my go to junk food was jalapeno poppers. I have yet to make a suitable vegan version of those. I love hot peppers. You are making me crave some of the pepperoncini I have in the fridge Drooling

What's not vegan about jalapeno peppers???

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-01-2016, 12:50 PM
(21-01-2016 12:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  When I was a vegetarian (prior to vegan) my go to junk food was jalapeno poppers. I have yet to make a suitable vegan version of those. I love hot peppers. You are making me crave some of the pepperoncini I have in the fridge Drooling

What's not vegan about jalapeno peppers???

jalapeno poppers not peppers Tongue They use cheese and possibly egg and are typically dipped in ranch dressing after cooked.

[Image: jalepeno-poppers.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
21-01-2016, 01:53 PM
(21-01-2016 12:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  What's not vegan about jalapeno peppers???

jalapeno poppers not peppers Tongue They use cheese and possibly egg and are typically dipped in ranch dressing after cooked.

Holy shit I'll never be a vegan Drooling

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-01-2016, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 02:16 PM by adey67.)
(21-01-2016 01:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  jalapeno poppers not peppers Tongue They use cheese and possibly egg and are typically dipped in ranch dressing after cooked.

Me neitherDrooling Vegetarian I could manage but vegan is just too restrictive for me personally.Each to their own but I couldn't do it. I mean no eggs or cheese I don't want to live in a world without either. No
21-01-2016, 02:23 PM
(21-01-2016 01:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  jalapeno poppers not peppers Tongue They use cheese and possibly egg and are typically dipped in ranch dressing after cooked.

You can use any cheese you want on the inside. I think the one above looks like a cream cheese type filling (which is very good). But when I used to eat them I also had them with just melted (typically cheddar) cheese on the inside.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
21-01-2016, 04:51 PM
(21-01-2016 12:24 PM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  Bacon jalapeno cheese fries (with chopped up green onions)!

Baked the fries in the oven for 20 minutes on 425. While baking, I fried up some bacon. After the bacon was cooked, I left a bit of bacon grease in the skillet, and when the fries came out, I poured 'em in. Topped the fries with a copious amount of mozzarella and cheddar cheese, crumbled up the bacon and added it to it, as well as chopped up a jalapeno pepper and a green onion. Threw it in the oven for 15 minutes on 350. They came out perfect!

[Image: HFjN3UZ.jpg]

[Image: V5H76FD.jpg]

Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2016, 04:53 PM
(21-01-2016 06:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  Coffee.
Oatmeal with maple syrup.
More coffee.
A tangelo.
A Mountain Dew.
Beef stew from the crock pot; beef, onion, celery, carrots, potato, wine,
with a little Montreal Steak Spice, salt & pepper, accompanied by warm crusty French rolls and butter.

Oops, forgot the Rocky Road ice cream that I had as dessert.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Made tomato soup with green beans/spinach. Was pretty good for my first non-Orzo soup attempt.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
22-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Two eggys in a basket with sliced colby on the side, coffee.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post