What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
28-01-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(28-01-2016 11:29 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My favorite pizza is quadruple pineapple with extra cheese Tongue

Today I baked condensed milk based chocolate cookies. More like a cross between fudge and a cookie really. Now the challenging part. Eat them sparingly without breaking my dietary rules.

I load mine up with pineapple too and lots of black olive and then crushed red pepper for some kick. I also like artichokes, black olives, zucchini, mushrooms on mine. And of course, crushed red pepper on all of it Thumbsup

Good luck not eating all of your cookies. I would have eaten them all already Wink

[Image: 1429551735_rabbit_steals_cookie_from_baby.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Bacon sandwich, left over fried rice soup, bagel.

My fried rice soup was fun and yummy. I had some fried rice leftover from the day before so I heated up some chicken broth (low sodium) the fried rice with it's veggies and egg, added some chopped celery, onions and cooked it for about 30 minutes. Topped it off with a little toasted sesame oil and chopped green onions. Delish!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
30-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Contradictory Flesh Spheroids upon Arabian-named Plant-bits Hobo

Okay, so it was sweet and sour meatballs served over jasmine rice, but FreeThought referred to it as the above, so I had to go with it! Big Grin Thanks, FT and thanks Rev for a nice dinner. ^__^

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
30-01-2016, 07:22 PM
I ate an 18 inch salami pizza today and you know what the best part is? It only cost me $6. I love the low costs of living in the Czech Republic. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Indian food yum! Veggie samosas, naan, Chana masala, more naan, aloo gobi Drooling Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
30-01-2016, 10:01 PM
Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill: Fried Catfish, spicy cole slaw, spicy creamed corn, Mexicali Cornbread and a pink lemonade.

They have the best fried catfish I have ever eaten and I get that every time I go there. It's even better than my own. Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
30-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Well, for breakfast I made chocolate chip muffins (my son is with me).

For lunch we went to the California Pizza Kitchen (you know those yummy barbecue chicken pizzas in the yellow box) and got the barbecue chicken pizza (his favorite) and avocado chicken spring rolls.

For supper I was going to make spaghetti carbonara with kale, but by the time we got home I was too tired...so I tossed some pizza rolls in the oven for my son.

I did manage to cook dessert - I made a berry crumble. I used fresh raspberries, blueberries, and black berries in it. Fucking yum! Next time I'm gonna use a recipe that has oats in the crumble - I think it would have had a better texture and added more depth to the flavor.
[Image: EDA4312A-02EE-4B2A-A33B-431E8A56A104_zpskcz15rtj.jpg]

If I'm not too tired when I wake up I'm going to make morning monte cristos for breakfast. I'm using Granny Smith apples, apricot preserves, ham, and smoked Gruyere (couldn't find smoked cheddar) between two pieces of bread dipped in a French toast batter. I'll fry it in the skillet with butter and then sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

For lunch I'm going to roast a pork shoulder (on top of carrots, potatoes, onions, and celery with rosemary and garlic) that I can later turn into a ragu. I'll cook some green beans, mashed potatoes and toss a side salad together.

I also have ingredients to make boiled cabbage with kielbasa later this week.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
30-01-2016, 11:50 PM
(30-01-2016 11:29 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Well, for breakfast I made chocolate chip muffins (my son is with me).

For lunch we went to the California Pizza Kitchen (you know those yummy barbecue chicken pizzas in the yellow box) and got the barbecue chicken pizza (his favorite) and avocado chicken spring rolls.

For supper I was going to make spaghetti carbonara with kale, but by the time we got home I was too tired...so I tossed some pizza rolls in the oven for my son.

I did manage to cook dessert - I made a berry crumble. I used fresh raspberries, blueberries, and black berries in it. Fucking yum! Next time I'm gonna use a recipe that has oats in the crumble - I think it would have had a better texture and added more depth to the flavor.

If I'm not too tired when I wake up I'm going to make morning monte cristos for breakfast. I'm using Granny Smith apples, apricot preserves, ham, and smoked Gruyere (couldn't find smoked cheddar) between two pieces of bread dipped in a French toast batter. I'll fry it in the skillet with butter and then sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

For lunch I'm going to roast a pork shoulder (on top of carrots, potatoes, onions, and celery with rosemary and garlic) that I can later turn into a ragu. I'll cook some green beans, mashed potatoes and toss a side salad together.

Sounds wonderful!

I would offer, on your oats for the crumble, toast them in the oven for a bit first, let them cool then add them. It will enhance their flavor. They take longer to toast in the crumble than the flour does, so the flour would burn before the oats really get toasted when they are combined. Just a tip. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
31-01-2016, 12:04 AM
(30-01-2016 11:29 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Well, for breakfast I made chocolate chip muffins (my son is with me).

I've been taking cooking classes because my cooking is well not the best Tongue I wish you lived closer so you could teach me instead! I'm vegan but I do cook for meateaters and would love them to actually want to eat something I make. Big Grin

The berry crumble looks ah-mazing!

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-01-2016, 01:04 AM
A small bag of Doritos and a can of Monster to stop myself from falling asleep at 2AM...

[Image: 169660243_ecaf8fae90_z.jpg?zz=1]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post