What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-08-2012, 07:41 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
Chicken Kiev and veges

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2012, 07:52 PM
When I started drooling over all the steak threads today I pulled a super filet Mignon out of the freezer. No idea what I was saving it for, it's day has come now.

And since I have all that super produce growing outside, I just got in from picking fresh corn (the very sweet kind, yum), some tomatoes (not sure if I'll grill them or make a salad) some zucchini and an onion. Have some fresh garlic too.

My grapes are ripe too, so I'll get me a bunch of those. And some plums. All right from the tree/vine/bush.

Have you ever tried just roasting or baking an entire garlic? It comes out tasting like nuts. If you never did that, try it, the result is very unexpectedly sweet.

I think I'll have some of hubbies left over medical herb also. Make it a celebration of - hmm - life. Summer. Thursday. The fact that Drago the German Shepherd didn't steal any tomotoes or squash today. ( He had taken to picking things and bringing them to me - yuck, lol!) The fact that I got my annual checkup today and came out with flying colors. There are always lots of things to celebrate.Banana_zorro

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
30-08-2012, 08:20 PM
(30-08-2012 07:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  When I started drooling over all the steak threads today I pulled a super filet Mignon out of the freezer. No idea what I was saving it for, it's day has come now.

And since I have all that super produce growing outside, I just got in from picking fresh corn (the very sweet kind, yum), some tomatoes (not sure if I'll grill them or make a salad) some zucchini and an onion. Have some fresh garlic too.

My grapes are ripe too, so I'll get me a bunch of those. And some plums. All right from the tree/vine/bush.

Have you ever tried just roasting or baking an entire garlic? It comes out tasting like nuts. If you never did that, try it, the result is very unexpectedly sweet.

I think I'll have some of hubbies left over medical herb also. Make it a celebration of - hmm - life. Summer. Thursday. The fact that Drago the German Shepherd didn't steal any tomotoes or squash today. ( He had taken to picking things and bringing them to me - yuck, lol!) The fact that I got my annual checkup today and came out with flying colors. There are always lots of things to celebrate.Banana_zorro

Good news, Dom, YAY!

I agree, a roasted head of garlic has a fab nutty flavour and it's great smeared over a nice steak with virtually no stinky side effects Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
30-08-2012, 08:35 PM
What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
(30-08-2012 07:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  When I started drooling over all the steak threads today I pulled a super filet Mignon out of the freezer. No idea what I was saving it for, it's day has come now.

Yay for all of that!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm having a proper student dinner tonight.
Shoestrings.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
12-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Bean burgers and corn on the cobb. So yum!
12-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Too lazy to cook today. Picked up some roasted chicken and will just add some veggies and corn. It's getting to the end of the corn season - I'll miss it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Just cooked up the last of our corn for supper today. Sad

Still lots of carrots and taters for the cellar. Onion harvest was ok, but I didn't grow enough. When they are that good, they go fast!

So ya, corn, teriyaki pork chops (just a quick ten hour marinade), cucumber salad and roasted peppers.

Just visiting.

-SR
12-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Prime rib sandwich, half sour pickles, olives, potato chips.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2012, 08:14 PM
The usual, vodka.

(30-08-2012 07:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Have you ever tried just roasting or baking an entire garlic? It comes out tasting like nuts. If you never did that, try it, the result is very unexpectedly sweet.

Why yes, Dom, yes I have. I take the roasted cloves and spread them straight onto bread like butter. Drooling

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post