What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-05-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
This place is AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING:

http://www.sushizushi.com

I hope we get to go tonight! Or maybe get it delivered if we just stay home.
Me and hubby went there in downtown SA without the kids. Tongue
So many choices! And even if it doesn't come spicy, they'll make it spicy for me.

The other day I had the sukiyaki udon. Thinking about getting the katsu curry if we go this evening. Takes a while for them to make anything other than the sushi, but it is so worth waiting for.

I also like their leak-proof takeout containers for the soups in case I want to lunch on leftovers for the rest of the week (I don't really eat a whole lot in one sitting).

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2013, 05:04 PM
I *need* to learn to mole.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-05-2013, 08:22 PM
(19-05-2013 08:51 AM)thewellkeptwoman Wrote:  This place is AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING:

http://www.sushizushi.com

I hope we get to go tonight! Or maybe get it delivered if we just stay home.
Me and hubby went there in downtown SA without the kids. Tongue
So many choices! And even if it doesn't come spicy, they'll make it spicy for me.

The other day I had the sukiyaki udon. Thinking about getting the katsu curry if we go this evening. Takes a while for them to make anything other than the sushi, but it is so worth waiting for.

I also like their leak-proof takeout containers for the soups in case I want to lunch on leftovers for the rest of the week (I don't really eat a whole lot in one sitting).

Sooooo...... how much are they paying you? lol Big Grin

I went out for maki last night, the best I've had in awhile! I LOVE perfectly roasted sesame seeds in the rolls. Drooling
19-05-2013, 08:34 PM
I've been trying hard to make decent looking sushi (I mean, tastes all right but half of it falls apart and looks terrible) for a couple months now. Haven't tried in a week or so, I need to buy more nori. My former roommate suggests my failure is because I'm white, and only Asian people can make Asian food. I told her she's racist.

Tonight I am having apple strudel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
19-05-2013, 08:46 PM
(19-05-2013 08:34 PM)amyb Wrote:  I've been trying hard to make decent looking sushi (I mean, tastes all right but half of it falls apart and looks terrible) for a couple months now. Haven't tried in a week or so, I need to buy more nori. My former roommate suggests my failure is because I'm white, and only Asian people can make Asian food. I told her she's racist.

I Heart apple strudel.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-05-2013, 09:20 PM
(19-05-2013 08:34 PM)amyb Wrote:  I've been trying hard to make decent looking sushi (I mean, tastes all right but half of it falls apart and looks terrible) for a couple months now. Haven't tried in a week or so, I need to buy more nori. My former roommate suggests my failure is because I'm white, and only Asian people can make Asian food. I told her she's racist.

You and I should get together. I can make the perfect looking sushi, fit for a photoshoot but it's tasteless, or just not nearly as yummy. What do you do for yours? Recipe please!

Your friend's comment reminds me of Ramen Girl. It's a skill, that's all. Only way is to practice.

Damn. Now I want to perfect, and my family is going to be sooo sick of sushi before I get it right. Dodgy
19-05-2013, 09:52 PM
I just put whatever I have on hand into it, i make it differently every time. My whole problem is I end up with a roll of sushi that looks ok, then I start to slice it into pieces, and the first and last piece fall apart. Then I eat those pieces so no one will know. ^_^

The conversation was with a Korean friend. I said I'd very much like to try to make kimchi sometime. She was worried that wouldn't turn out right, since I'm white and all (even though I'd be using the same recipes and doing it the same way!). Then we started talking about sushi, haha, because my whiteness causes an inability to make Korean or Japanese food. (Not Chinese, somehow, probably because I make Chinese food all the time, and Indian. WTF).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
25-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Re: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
As of 6pm, Iberian ham bocodillo and cervasa. By 11, paella for sure.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Last night: White asparagus, poitrine de cochon (pork belly), and raspberry tart.

Later tonight: Confit de canard (preserved duck leg).

We're in Paris!

Yum yum yum yum yum.

[Image: yummy.gif]

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
26-05-2013, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2013 12:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-05-2013 07:08 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Last night: White asparagus, poitrine de cochon (pork belly), and raspberry tart.

Do you wrap the bacon around the asparagus?

(26-05-2013 07:08 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Later tonight: Confit de canard (preserved duck leg).

That sounds like a country ham, only with duck!

Last night - Hot Curried Beef (I used cubed sirloin) with black rice, quinoa, and chia. Even ManlyGirl loved it and she ain't much on ethnic cooking. All I did was just use this:
[Image: patakcurry.png]

Tonight - Butter Chicken with black rice, quinoa, and chia. I'm gonna use chicken thighs 'cause they got more flavor than the breasts and this:
[Image: butterchicken.png]

Yeah, I cheat. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus