What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
05-05-2016, 06:40 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(05-05-2016 01:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 03:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  and some cake Thumbsup

Had the prime rib. Ate the whole thing, the baked potato, the green beans, and a roll.

Then I had a triple chocolate cake pop and coffee.

[Image: Brownie-Cake-Pop-3-Barbara-Bakes.jpg]

Sounds like a nice birthday celebration Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-05-2016, 06:58 AM
Lat night we had soft tacos with those fresh flour tortillas from Costco that you cook. They are tasty.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
05-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Currywurst with soba noodle and chilli pickles.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
05-05-2016, 08:23 AM
(04-05-2016 11:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Now I want some salt n vinegar chips. Tongue

The ketchup ones actually taste a lot like salt and vinegar with a slight tomato tint and a shitload of red food coloring. They weren't what I was expecting, and are actually pretty good. Unfortunately I ate the whole bag in one sitting...

That's why I'm usually pretty strict with my diet. There is no middle ground with me. Like I've said before, it's all or nothing, whether we're talking about a workout or a tub of ice cream Tongue.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
05-05-2016, 08:33 AM
(05-05-2016 08:23 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 11:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Now I want some salt n vinegar chips. Tongue

The ketchup ones actually taste a lot like salt and vinegar with a slight tomato tint and a shitload of red food coloring. They weren't what I was expecting, and are actually pretty good. Unfortunately I ate the whole bag in one sitting...

That's why I'm usually pretty strict with my diet. There is no middle ground with me. Like I've said before, it's all or nothing, whether we're talking about a workout or a tub of ice cream Tongue.

Those actually sound pretty good. If they were vegan I'd give them a try.

Yeah, I'm like that too--all or nothing when it comes to eating junk. That's why I can't keep things like that in my house. I like treats, but I like going out to get them at like a (vegan) ice cream shop or out for tortilla chips and guac or vegan cupcakes or Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Okay, I should stop now...I'm getting hungry Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-05-2016, 08:56 AM
(05-05-2016 08:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 08:23 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The ketchup ones actually taste a lot like salt and vinegar with a slight tomato tint and a shitload of red food coloring. They weren't what I was expecting, and are actually pretty good. Unfortunately I ate the whole bag in one sitting...

Those actually sound pretty good. If they were vegan I'd give them a try.

Yeah, I'm like that too--all or nothing when it comes to eating junk. That's why I can't keep things like that in my house. I like treats, but I like going out to get them at like a (vegan) ice cream shop or out for tortilla chips and guac or vegan cupcakes or Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Okay, I should stop now...I'm getting hungry Wink

I'll keep bags of small bags of chips/snacks around. When I snack I eat one bag - it takes thought and effort to eat more, so it is easier to manage portion control.

And it turns out that the sack of small bags is often cheaper per oz. than larger bags. Weird.

[Image: 71YKbX8EaXL._SX450_.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-05-2016, 09:16 AM
(05-05-2016 08:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 08:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Those actually sound pretty good. If they were vegan I'd give them a try.

I'll keep bags of small bags of chips/snacks around. When I snack I eat one bag - it takes thought and effort to eat more, so it is easier to manage portion control.

And it turns out that the sack of small bags is often cheaper per oz. than larger bags. Weird.

[Image: 71YKbX8EaXL._SX450_.jpg]

Smaller portioned items are definitely better. I'm not sure I could do that either though--or you'd find me surrounded by a gazillion wrappers passed out in my bed Laugh out load

I'm not a huge chips person, but I do love tortilla chips--especially homemade ones like they make at this one Mexican restaurant I love to go to. Homemade guac and homemade tortilla chips ='s pure awesomeness Drooling

05-05-2016, 03:37 PM
I made a "veganized" version of american chop suey with quinoa pasta, nutritional yeast, tomato sauce and Beyond Beefy crumbles. It was pretty good surprisingly. I am going to make some banana chocolate chip muffins later for dessert. I found a fairly healthy version of these muffins and they're really easy to make. I'll post it to your vegan recipe thread later, GenNem.

05-05-2016, 06:12 PM
[Image: Family-Pack-Chicken-Patties.ashx?mh=275&mw=275]

plus

[Image: ore-ida-fries.gif]

= right muthufuckin NAOW Drooling

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
05-05-2016, 06:52 PM
I am screwed. I was going to the store today and never made it. So, nothing is defrosted, and the fridge is fairly bare. I think I have some greens and asparagus in the garden, some tuna and some rice in the cabinet. Time to get creative. Tongue

Oh, and an avocado. I'll have to go rummage around.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post