What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
07-08-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
I had my Cheerios® and banana this morning; I'm going to make a whole cookie sheet of simple nachos for dinner.

I just pave the cookie sheet with corn chips, liberally sprinkle pre-grated four-cheese Mexican-style cheese over it, throw on a mess of jalapenos, and put it under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
Then serve it with sour cream and red and green salsas.

My friend Marilyn and I will have beer and nachos and watch the Olympics.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Chicken and rice casserole.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2016, 09:15 PM
we went to the farmer's market again Saturday and reloaded on greens and berries.
Had toast with apricot jam and coffee.
Made a soup with tomatoes, celery, garlic, onions, fresh green beans, corn, braised beef. That was lunch and dinner and dinner tomorrow.
Salads with spinach, leaf, romaine, the lemon spinach, green onions, raspberries, vinaigrette, feta, sunflower seeds.
yesterday I learned the source of the "lemon spinach". It is French sorrel, a perennial herb. Looks like spinach and the farmer said if he put french sorrel on it nobody touched it. call it "lemon spinach" and people started buying it Big Grin
French sorrel

Here is the main article on Sorrel:
Sorrel
Oxalic acid is the source of the citrus flavor. It is hardy and looks easy to grow. My brother uses buckwheat as a fallow crop, it is part of the buckwheat family.
08-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Cold ham hard boiled eggs watercress tomato and cucumber salad with feta cheese and olives pickles and pumpernickel bread, I'm gonna fart big time tonight lol
09-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Grilled seitan, zucchini, carrots, and rice smothered with a cauliflower and goat cheese sauce. And I mean a lot of cheese. When cheese is involved, I splurge.

Zucchini and carrots were from the garden and the goat cheese was homemade.

'Murican Canadian
09-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Going to throw some shrimp on the barbie, yes I am. Smile Along with summer squash, mushrooms, sweet peppers and corn.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-08-2016, 01:35 PM
Seitan ? Buy whale meat and enjoy Drooling Laugh out load That's the best , what's seitan btw am I gonna get killed by veggies?
09-08-2016, 01:52 PM
(09-08-2016 01:35 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Seitan ? Buy whale meat and enjoy Drooling Laugh out load That's the best , what's seitan btw am I gonna get killed by veggies?

Wheat gluten, also called seitan, wheat meat, gluten meat, or simply gluten, is a food made from gluten, the main protein of wheat. It is made by washing wheat flour dough with water until all the starch granules have been removed, leaving the sticky insoluble gluten as an elastic mass which is then cooked before being eaten.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-08-2016, 01:56 PM
(09-08-2016 01:35 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Seitan ? Buy whale meat and enjoy Drooling Laugh out load That's the best , what's seitan btw am I gonna get killed by veggies?

I'd be okay with whale blubber. I had stir fried ants along with the chicken I posted last week. At home is a different story, though. In the words of Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, "My girlfriend is a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian."

Though, for the record, I rarely feel like I'm missing out. She and I are both pretty good at vegetarian cooking Tongue

'Murican Canadian
09-08-2016, 02:00 PM
(09-08-2016 01:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Wheat gluten, also called seitan, wheat meat, gluten meat, or simply gluten, is a food made from gluten, the main protein of wheat. It is made by washing wheat flour dough with water until all the starch granules have been removed, leaving the sticky insoluble gluten as an elastic mass which is then cooked before being eaten.
Fuck !!!!!! Rainbow Vomit