What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-09-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(11-09-2016 10:43 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My girlfriend would be absolutely horrified if she ever saw my version of camping.

Yea, my pack with tent, sleeping bag/pad, stove, water filter, pots and bottles first aid kit, tools and 3 days of food comes in under 30 lbs. That's a little to roughing it for Karen.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
11-09-2016, 10:54 AM
I'd go camping too with all that gear. Looks great!

I'm going to throw some shrimp on the Barbie tonight, with assorted veggies I have yet to pick in the garden.

And the crown of summer of course - vine ripened and sun warmed, juicy, sweet tomato. I just can't get enough of them - it works out because they are only here for a season and then I eat practically none til the next year - I am too much of a tomato snob to buy the cardboard ones in the stores off season.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-09-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
Grilled pork chops spiced with dry rub, long grain and wild rice, and lima beans...was pretty tasty and simple to prep.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-09-2016, 09:37 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
Cheddar brats on the grill and cream cheese bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers fresh out of the garden in the oven. I'm not getting any healthier tonight, but it's gonna be fucking tasty.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
12-09-2016, 07:00 PM
(11-09-2016 10:48 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 10:43 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My girlfriend would be absolutely horrified if she ever saw my version of camping.

Yea, my pack with tent, sleeping bag/pad, stove, water filter, pots and bottles first aid kit, tools and 3 days of food comes in under 30 lbs. That's a little to roughing it for Karen.

I've done that when volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America, but my wife doesn't like it all that much (though she has done it, too). We have a trailer now, and will be going on its maiden voyage on the Columbus Day weekend, since she has a day off because of it.
12-09-2016, 07:09 PM
I had peaches. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
12-09-2016, 07:40 PM
(12-09-2016 07:09 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I had peaches. Smile

Peaches here just doubled in price and went from awesome to shitty. I think I've had my last fresh peaches for the season Sadcryface2

'Murican Canadian
12-09-2016, 07:51 PM
(12-09-2016 07:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 10:48 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Yea, my pack with tent, sleeping bag/pad, stove, water filter, pots and bottles first aid kit, tools and 3 days of food comes in under 30 lbs. That's a little to roughing it for Karen.

I've done that when volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America, but my wife doesn't like it all that much (though she has done it, too). We have a trailer now, and will be going on its maiden voyage on the Columbus Day weekend, since she has a day off because of it.

I'm looking forward to the cold weather. My unit does some camping / survival training in the mountains at least once per year after the snow comes. There's something deeply satisfying about making the perfect snow shelter and getting it so comfy you forget it's like 20 below and sleep for 10 hours straight.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-09-2016, 08:53 PM
(12-09-2016 07:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 07:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I've done that when volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America, but my wife doesn't like it all that much (though she has done it, too). We have a trailer now, and will be going on its maiden voyage on the Columbus Day weekend, since she has a day off because of it.

I'm looking forward to the cold weather. My unit does some camping / survival training in the mountains at least once per year after the snow comes. There's something deeply satisfying about making the perfect snow shelter and getting it so comfy you forget it's like 20 below and sleep for 10 hours straight.

Yabut, now I'm a tired old man who has a Sleep Number bed at home (wife has a bad back Yes ). I've slept in that shit as a younger man. Once you make General, you won't have to do it any more, either. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-09-2016, 02:31 AM
(12-09-2016 08:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 07:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm looking forward to the cold weather. My unit does some camping / survival training in the mountains at least once per year after the snow comes. There's something deeply satisfying about making the perfect snow shelter and getting it so comfy you forget it's like 20 below and sleep for 10 hours straight.

Yabut, now I'm a tired old man who has a Sleep Number bed at home (wife has a bad back Yes ). I've slept in that shit as a younger man. Once you make General, you won't have to do it any more, either. Smile

General Yakherder has a good ring to it, l like it. Back to food cold pork and bubble and squeak smothered in hot sauce.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post