What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
31-12-2016, 08:50 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
latte
I'm going to make some toast with some of my new walnut butter (this stuff is the nectar of the gods Drooling ) and a persimmon for breakfast

For lunch, maybe a tofu pumpkin curry or a hummus veggie sandwich and a tea

For dinner, I'm making Caesar salad, and some garlic bread. My bf is making steaks on the grill and a grilled portobello mushroom for me. Probably some baked potatoes too. And chocolate cupcakes for dessert, of course Wink

Happy New Year Everyone!

[Image: Happy+New+Year+45.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Censored yeah!

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
31-12-2016, 09:12 AM
(31-12-2016 08:50 AM)jennybee Wrote:  latte
I'm going to make some toast with some of my new walnut butter (this stuff is the nectar of the gods Drooling ) and a persimmon for breakfast

For dinner, I'm making Caesar salad, and some garlic bread. My bf is making steaks on the grill and a grilled portobello mushroom for me. Probably some baked potatoes too. And chocolate cupcakes for dessert, of course Wink

Happy New Year Everyone!

Grilled portabello mushroom caps are great! I sprinkle a little garlic powder on, then a slice of cheese, at the end, to melt it in. Drooling

For breakfast today I ate a re-heated to-go tub of leftover chow mein noodles and a hard boiled egg.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-12-2016, 10:19 AM
(31-12-2016 09:12 AM)Fireball Wrote:  

Happy New Year Everyone!

Grilled portabello mushroom caps are great! I sprinkle a little garlic powder on, then a slice of cheese, at the end, to melt it in. Drooling

For breakfast today I ate a re-heated to-go tub of leftover chow mein noodles and a hard boiled egg.

Here's the recipe I'm going to use for the mushrooms (it's from the Food Network). In case anyone's interested Wink

Ingredients
6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 large portobello mushrooms, wiped of any dirt, washed and quickly dried, if necessary

Preheat the grill. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, toss the garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and some salt. Wrap the garlic cloves in tinfoil and place on the tray in the center of the oven. Cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 20 to 25 minutes.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic with 3/4 cup of the olive oil and the mustard.

In a medium bowl, toss the mushrooms in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt. Place them, stem-side up, on the hottest part of the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, you may see liquid starting to emerge from the stem area. Flip to the other side and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer them to a tray and place in the center of the oven.

Cook until they are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, an additional 12 to 15 minutes. Season them lightly with salt.

Remove the garlic from the oven. Squeeze the garlic pulp out from their skins and whisk it vigorously into the dressing. Arrange the mushrooms on a serving platter and top with the dressing. Serve immediately.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
31-12-2016, 10:47 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Happy new year Jennybee
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-12-2016, 11:45 AM
(31-12-2016 10:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 09:12 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Grilled portabello mushroom caps are great! I sprinkle a little garlic powder on, then a slice of cheese, at the end, to melt it in. Drooling

Here's the recipe I'm going to use for the mushrooms (it's from the Food Network). In case anyone's interested Wink

Ingredients
6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 large portobello mushrooms, wiped of any dirt, washed and quickly dried, if necessary

Preheat the grill. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, toss the garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and some salt. Wrap the garlic cloves in tinfoil and place on the tray in the center of the oven. Cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 20 to 25 minutes.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic with 3/4 cup of the olive oil and the mustard.

In a medium bowl, toss the mushrooms in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt. Place them, stem-side up, on the hottest part of the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, you may see liquid starting to emerge from the stem area. Flip to the other side and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer them to a tray and place in the center of the oven.

Cook until they are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, an additional 12 to 15 minutes. Season them lightly with salt.

Remove the garlic from the oven. Squeeze the garlic pulp out from their skins and whisk it vigorously into the dressing. Arrange the mushrooms on a serving platter and top with the dressing. Serve immediately.

Wow, Ima try this next chance I get! I love garlic cooked like that. We even have a little clay pot for roasting garlic.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-12-2016, 12:59 PM
That mushroom recipe sounds divine!

We are doing our standard Chinese take out, sangria and apps tonight.

I also made chocolate cupcakes for dessert Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
31-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Pasta and Pasta Sauce, which I sorta kinda made from scratch Smile Plus wine. Wine makes all the difference. If the meal is shit you can drink the wine and vice versa.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-12-2016, 01:12 PM
(31-12-2016 12:59 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  That mushroom recipe sounds divine!

We are doing our standard Chinese take out, sangria and apps tonight.

I also made chocolate cupcakes for dessert Smile

Chocolate cupcakes!! See I knew I liked you Smile

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-12-2016, 01:18 PM
(31-12-2016 01:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  Pasta and Pasta Sauce, which I sorta kinda made from scratch Smile Plus wine. Wine makes all the difference. If the meal is shit you can drink the wine and vice versa.

Tonight we're doing champagne and I put a strawberry in the bottom of the glass to make it fancy shmancy Tongue

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post