What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-03-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(19-03-2017 06:21 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I went out for Chinese food today: Chicken with Broccoli and Brown Rice with a shrimp egg roll on the side. Green Tea for a beverage. Smile

How bout you move me out there, then you'll always have someone to have lunch with Tongue

lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
19-03-2017, 08:26 PM
What did you eat today?
(19-03-2017 07:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  How long did u cook the brussel sprouts? They look yum!

I couldn't say exactly. I started them out on high heat and stirring often then I backed the heat down and let them soften up some. Then I put a lid on them with the heat off when was tending to the other stuff.

I'm going to guess 15-20 minutes. They were still firm on the inside but not raw. They turned out really good.
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
20-03-2017, 02:18 AM
(19-03-2017 08:26 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 07:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  How long did u cook the brussel sprouts? They look yum!

I couldn't say exactly. I started them out on high heat and stirring often then I backed the heat down and let them soften up some. Then I put a lid on them with the heat off when was tending to the other stuff.

I'm going to guess 15-20 minutes. They were still firm on the inside but not raw. They turned out really good.

> I have, on many an occasion, made a meal of Brussell Sprouts.
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
20-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Went for something simple today: sauerkraut with pea and marjoram.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
20-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Now I want brussels sprouts.

Have you guys tried them roasted? Just a little EVOO, sea salt, black pepper and roast on a cookie sheet. So gooooood.

Or you can roast them them drizzle in a little balsamic, and add dried cranberries and nuts (if you like nuts)

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
20-03-2017, 07:40 AM
(20-03-2017 02:18 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 08:26 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I couldn't say exactly. I started them out on high heat and stirring often then I backed the heat down and let them soften up some. Then I put a lid on them with the heat off when was tending to the other stuff.

> I have, on many an occasion, made a meal of Brussell Sprouts.

I have too and am actually thinking of doing that today after seeing KUSA's pic Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-03-2017, 07:41 AM
(20-03-2017 07:35 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Now I want brussels sprouts.

Have you guys tried them roasted? Just a little EVOO, sea salt, black pepper and roast on a cookie sheet. So gooooood.

Or you can roast them them drizzle in a little balsamic, and add dried cranberries and nuts (if you like nuts)

I haven't--I'll have to try this. Sounds yum!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
20-03-2017, 09:06 AM
What did you eat today?
First you toast your rye bread.

[Image: 40460b06e9ccdf4aed445d6897e2e2c6.jpg]

Then you add your natural peanut butter and banana.

[Image: 09fab5a785eb1075715791cfc5f8691f.jpg]

Then you cut it in half.

[Image: c5767df31180e5af99291013c43ad313.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like KUSA's post
20-03-2017, 04:10 PM
I'm about to eat canned chicken covered in mayo and mustard spread between two slices of bread.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
20-03-2017, 04:15 PM
latte, oatmeal with pears and raw walnut butter
grilled eggplant wrap with tahini
chocolate cupcake (It's been one of those days Wink )
dinner I think will be pizza with zucchini or pineapple haven't decided which yet.

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post