What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-09-2012, 09:24 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
(19-09-2012 08:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I feel like LadyJane is my mom. It's 7:40 and I haven't had dinner yet. Sad

Go eat your dinner or no dessert!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Jesus... It's what's for dinner.

But I have some awkwardly sweet chicken and peas.. I tastes like it was dumped in sugar sauce.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
22-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Dannie's Chicken Wings with Mumbo Sauce. Drooling

Breathing - it's more art than science.
23-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Beef stew with veges and mash...Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
23-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Rib steak on the grill, french fries, last of the season's tomatoes. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Roasted chicken, gravy and stuffing with carrots. Girly, so Mumbo sauce is only bought, no recipe?
23-09-2012, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2012 07:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-09-2012 06:30 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Girly, so Mumbo sauce is only bought, no recipe?

I gave a recipe in the recipe section. But I'd note that a tsp of fresh ginger is much stronger than a tsp of powdered gingered. But everyone still loved it. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Roast! I love this time of year. Lots of taters and carrots fresh from the ground. Weather is cooling off in a big way (already had two frosts). When it's like this, the smell of a roast (well, two) in the oven is heaven. I roast something at least once a week right through winter. Add some heat to the house and make it smell like...well, winter in my house!

Did a small pork, and small beef together. They each get a separate rub, both raised off the bottom of the pot by a bed of celery sticks, surrounded by big chunks of carrots, potatoes, and onions, all from the garden of course. Roasted sloooooow, with cabbage over top for the first hour. Baked some biscuits while I made gravy and rested the roast.

Sunday is "clean the house and cook a hearty supper" day.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
23-09-2012, 08:37 PM
(23-09-2012 08:31 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Roast! I love this time of year. Lots of taters and carrots fresh from the ground. Weather is cooling off in a big way (already had two frosts). When it's like this, the smell of a roast (well, two) in the oven is heaven. I roast something at least once a week right through winter. Add some heat to the house and make it smell like...well, winter in my house!

Did a small pork, and small beef together. They each get a separate rub, both raised off the bottom of the pot by a bed of celery sticks, surrounded by big chunks of carrots, potatoes, and onions, all from the garden of course. Roasted sloooooow, with cabbage over top for the first hour. Baked some biscuits while I made gravy and rested the roast.

Celery sticks. Consider That's either completely nuts or incredibly brilliant. Blink

I'm going to try that.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2012, 08:38 PM
(23-09-2012 08:31 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Roast! I love this time of year. Lots of taters and carrots fresh from the ground. Weather is cooling off in a big way (already had two frosts). When it's like this, the smell of a roast (well, two) in the oven is heaven. I roast something at least once a week right through winter. Add some heat to the house and make it smell like...well, winter in my house!

Do you eat the 'mirepoix' after cooking? I would think you would. A lot of chefs tend to throw it out.
You're a regular little Martha Stewart, aren't you? I like that in a man...Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Whip up a meal - adventurous cooking Dom 1 143 13-11-2013 06:53 PM
Last Post: aurora
Tongue What do you call your meals? (Breakfast, Dinner, etc) Dark Light 33 4,076 09-03-2013 03:54 AM
Last Post: Kurangu