What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
05-05-2017, 07:46 PM
What did you eat today?
(05-05-2017 07:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The countdown to pizza and beer begins...NOW! Big Grin

I wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant for Cinco de Mayo for some margaritas and yummy eats, but my boring friends Tongue thought it would be too packed, so going for pizza instead.

Anyone doing anything fun for Cinco de Mayo?

I am just leaving a Mexican restaurant. It was packed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
05-05-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(05-05-2017 07:46 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 07:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The countdown to pizza and beer begins...NOW! Big Grin

I wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant for Cinco de Mayo for some margaritas and yummy eats, but my boring friends Tongue thought it would be too packed, so going for pizza instead.

Anyone doing anything fun for Cinco de Mayo?

I am just leaving a Mexican restaurant. It was packed.

Yeah, that's why we're doing pizza and beer. But still would rather have tortilla chips and guac and some margaritasTongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-05-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm hungry Wink so I decided to organize my yoga blankets into this new bin I bought while I wait to go out. But apparently, my cat has other plans for it Tongue

[Image: 2dv8rq8.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
05-05-2017, 08:48 PM
(05-05-2017 07:58 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm hungry Wink so I decided to organize my yoga blankets into this new bin I bought while I wait to go out. But apparently, my cat has other plans for it Tongue

[Image: 2dv8rq8.jpg]

All I saw was I'm hungry and a cat and I got scared.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
05-05-2017, 10:21 PM
Made bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Had a huge ice cream cone (pistachio plus chocolate chip cookie dough), and tried out a new restaurant. Decided I don't particularly like Filipino food -- I tried a noodle dish that had some weird jelly-like sauce on it. It was supposed to have bacon and shrimp in there, but all I could taste was unpleasantly smoky fake bacon bits.

Made up for it later by baking a batch of chicken wings -- half Buffalo wings with hot sauce and butter, half plain (I put sweet chili chicken sauce on my portion). Washed them down with a mug of extremely cold mead. Thumbsup Nom!

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
06-05-2017, 03:52 AM
(05-05-2017 07:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 07:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Do the inmates make it? Unsure

Nah. It's made in bulk and then trucked in and reheated. The closest to freshly made food they get is apples and oranges. Our facility's food is considered to be bad even by jail standards.

There are a group of inmates that help prepare it for dispersal at the supervision of the "cooks", though. It's a difficult job to get and they're paid with candy and extra food.
My biggest problem with the American and British penal system is the apparent use of food as punishment, as in poor quality and insufficient quantity, those without access to commissary or canteen often go hungry and Raman noodles has replaced tobacco as the main currency in prisons.
Fair quality food and sufficient amounts would reduce violence and unrest in prisons massively and the governments know how important food is to peoples moral because they ensure good grub for the armed services and have done since the second world war, which means they're doing it on purpose. So much for the UN charter of human rights. I'm not talking gourmet cuisine here just decent food, prisoners are still people damn it Angry
06-05-2017, 04:30 AM
(06-05-2017 03:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 07:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Nah. It's made in bulk and then trucked in and reheated. The closest to freshly made food they get is apples and oranges. Our facility's food is considered to be bad even by jail standards.

There are a group of inmates that help prepare it for dispersal at the supervision of the "cooks", though. It's a difficult job to get and they're paid with candy and extra food.
My biggest problem with the American and British penal system is the apparent use of food as punishment, as in poor quality and insufficient quantity, those without access to commissary or canteen often go hungry and Raman noodles has replaced tobacco as the main currency in prisons.
Fair quality food and sufficient amounts would reduce violence and unrest in prisons massively and the governments know how important food is to peoples moral because they ensure good grub for the armed services and have done since the second world war, which means they're doing it on purpose. So much for the UN charter of human rights. I'm not talking gourmet cuisine here just decent food, prisoners are still people damn it Angry

I think our shitty food has more to do with funding than intentional policy. The facility just wasn't meant to handle the number of inmates currently here, which makes on site preparation impossible. Now the plan is apparently to just scrap the place. There seems to be an article about every week, and the favoured adjective is generally "notorious" lol.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news...-announces

http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columni...after-tour

'Murican Canadian
06-05-2017, 04:49 AM
(06-05-2017 04:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 03:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My biggest problem with the American and British penal system is the apparent use of food as punishment, as in poor quality and insufficient quantity, those without access to commissary or canteen often go hungry and Raman noodles has replaced tobacco as the main currency in prisons.

I think our shitty food has more to do with funding than intentional policy. The facility just wasn't meant to handle the number of inmates currently here, which makes on site preparation impossible. Now the plan is apparently to just scrap the place. There seems to be an article about every week, and the favoured adjective is generally "notorious" lol.

I totally defer to you as to do otherwise would be the hight of arrogance as you are the professional however if better food was to reduce violence and discontent as much as I suspect,that would be a good thing and worth the cost if it improves officer safety. What's your professional opinion on this ?
06-05-2017, 05:01 AM
(06-05-2017 04:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 04:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I think our shitty food has more to do with funding than intentional policy. The facility just wasn't meant to handle the number of inmates currently here, which makes on site preparation impossible. Now the plan is apparently to just scrap the place. There seems to be an article about every week, and the favoured adjective is generally "notorious" lol.

I totally defer to you as to do otherwise would be the hight of arrogance as you are the professional however if better food was to reduce violence and discontent as much as I suspect,that would be a good thing and worth the cost if it improves officer safety. What's your professional opinion on this ?

I'd agree that it would probably help. I've had to break up more than a few fights over things as simple as a cup of peanut butter. But that part of the decision making process is way above my pay grade Tongue

If they build this new place, hopefully a more suitable kitchen is part of the plan.

'Murican Canadian
06-05-2017, 05:21 AM
It's a cereal morning.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post