What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
07-05-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(07-05-2017 07:02 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 07:01 PM)KUSA Wrote:  You can eat that as a vegetarian.

True brother very true, I'd miss fish too, I love grilled trout

You could go pescatarian.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2017, 07:08 PM
(07-05-2017 06:59 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Vegan sausage with maple flavor dipped in tartar sauce? That made my guts gurgle.

Edit: The tartar sauce part did.

Really? I think it sounds good--kinda savory and sweet. I'm going to really skeeve you then when I tell you I'd make the tartar sauce with vegan mayo Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-05-2017, 07:12 PM
(07-05-2017 07:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 06:59 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I keep toying with the idea of going vegetarian for a month just to see what its like and if I can last out, I couldn't give up cheese and eggs though I just adore cheese and you cannot beat a big plate of scrambled eggs (no pun intended)

I'll eat damn near anything, especially when traveling, and don't mind being an at home vegetarian. I doubt I've got enough fucks left to give to make the switch on my own, but if for some hypothetical reason I suddenly found out I could never eat meat again I don't think I'd be too distraught about it. I'm in the same boat, though. A big steak never really impressed me. But an apple with a few slices of brie is pretty much heaven.

Definitely bro, I quite literally would be incredibly depressed if for some reason I could never eat cheese again, lovely French washed rind cheeses (the smellier the better) with grapes or figs are a true joy.
07-05-2017, 07:12 PM
(07-05-2017 07:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 06:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Chickpea. Makes for a more sausagey texture in my opinion. We dipped it in homemade tartar sauce and it was awesome. Still four more left for tomorrow.

Do you think these would taste good on a roll with peppers and onions? Or are these more of like a breakfast sausage consistency?

That would work. We had them with mashed potatoes and cabbage, so not exactly a breakfast despite the name of the recipe.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-05-2017, 07:13 PM
What did you eat today?
(07-05-2017 07:01 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 06:59 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Vegan sausage with maple flavor dipped in tartar sauce? That made my guts gurgle.

Edit: The tartar sauce part did.

Wouldn't be my choice either, better than vegemite though Big Grin

I have a feeling you have some British rivalry towards Aussies. Admit the Vegemite is better. There is no shame in telling the truth.
07-05-2017, 07:14 PM
(07-05-2017 07:12 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 07:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Do you think these would taste good on a roll with peppers and onions? Or are these more of like a breakfast sausage consistency?

That would work. We had them with mashed potatoes and cabbage, so not exactly a breakfast despite the name of the recipe.

Oh those would be good with mashed potatoes! Thumbsup

07-05-2017, 07:16 PM
(07-05-2017 07:13 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 07:01 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Wouldn't be my choice either, better than vegemite though Big Grin

I have a feeling you have some British rivalry towards Aussies. Admit the Vegemite is better. There is no shame in telling the truth.

I need to try Vegemite. Do you just smear it on toast or put veggies with it like a sandwich?

07-05-2017, 07:20 PM
(07-05-2017 07:13 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 07:01 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Wouldn't be my choice either, better than vegemite though Big Grin

No not really my friend, I genuinely can't abide the taste of Vegemite but love Marmite its funny both are yeast extract but couldn't be more different, I think you mentioned its the same for you but in reverse, its a funny old world Wink
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
07-05-2017, 07:22 PM
I'm hungry Sad I can't wait for Indian food time. Of course, I could eat something now, but I wanna get my food on Wink and reserve all the room in my belly for said Indian food Big Grin

07-05-2017, 07:24 PM
(07-05-2017 07:16 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 07:13 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I have a feeling you have some British rivalry towards Aussies. Admit the Vegemite is better. There is no shame in telling the truth.

I need to try Vegemite. Do you just smear it on toast or put veggies with it like a sandwich?

Toast is good, try both Vegemite and Marmite same stuff yet so different.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post