What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
16-07-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
Well that will make three of you then. I'm a lucky guy!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
19-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Shrimp Boil with Corn on the cob macaroni salad and coleslaw. Boiling the shrimp in Yuenglings with generous Old Bay seasoning.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Spaghetti and meatballs...will be done shortly. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Just spent the afternoon making an okra gumbo with shrimp, chicken, and sausage for some friends. And filé.

Blueberry cheesecake for dessert. They gave me a piece to take home. Mmmm!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Portobello mushroom "burger" with pita chips and hummus
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
20-07-2015, 08:20 PM
I roasted a chicken and cooked some asparagus.

Ice cream sundae for dessert -- vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, home made caramel sauce, whipped cream, Spanish peanuts...

And the obligatory cherry on top. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Chicken and dumplings, green beans, corn bread and hot blackberry cobbler.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
20-07-2015, 09:45 PM
(20-07-2015 08:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Portobello mushroom "burger" with pita chips and hummus

LIKE! If you ever happen to be passing through Kansas on I-70, there's a town called Lawrence between Topeka and Kansas City that has the best Portobello Burger. The town is apparently known for having a high vegan/vegetarian population, and so I guess it demands quality, but Free State Brewery's portobello burger was enough to make me almost want to give up meat burgers! Almost.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
21-07-2015, 12:12 PM
(20-07-2015 09:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 08:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Portobello mushroom "burger" with pita chips and hummus

LIKE! If you ever happen to be passing through Kansas on I-70, there's a town called Lawrence between Topeka and Kansas City that has the best Portobello Burger. The town is apparently known for having a high vegan/vegetarian population, and so I guess it demands quality, but Free State Brewery's portobello burger was enough to make me almost want to give up meat burgers! Almost.

I live in Lawrence on the weekends and yes, it's foodie Mecca! Thumbsup

Free State has decent stuff... especially beer wise, DO order the sampler. However for burgers, I'm gonna recommend The Burger Stand inside The Casbah. They have a wide variety of meat burgers of course, and several veg burgers that nearly put meat to shame. These are some serious sliders, fleshed out by some serious gourmet chefs - these guys mean business.

Their Spicy Shiitake pretty much kills any competition, in my opinion. All their burgers are ridiculouly jucy... let's just say... you're gonna need a few paper napkins. They also have a variety of fries ... the holiest of holy: Truffle Fries. Get the small order or you will fall asleep in your food before you finish them.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-07-2015, 01:12 PM
(21-07-2015 12:12 PM)kim Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 09:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  LIKE! If you ever happen to be passing through Kansas on I-70, there's a town called Lawrence between Topeka and Kansas City that has the best Portobello Burger. The town is apparently known for having a high vegan/vegetarian population, and so I guess it demands quality, but Free State Brewery's portobello burger was enough to make me almost want to give up meat burgers! Almost.

I live in Lawrence on the weekends and yes, it's foodie Mecca! Thumbsup

Free State has decent stuff... especially beer wise, DO order the sampler. However for burgers, I'm gonna recommend The Burger Stand inside The Casbah. They have a wide variety of meat burgers of course, and several veg burgers that nearly put meat to shame. These are some serious sliders, fleshed out by some serious gourmet chefs - these guys mean business.

Their Spicy Shiitake pretty much kills any competition, in my opinion. All their burgers are ridiculouly jucy... let's just say... you're gonna need a few paper napkins. They also have a variety of fries ... the holiest of holy: Truffle Fries. Get the small order or you will fall asleep in your food before you finish them.

Kim - I used to go to the SOMA (Society of Open-Minded Atheists/Agnostics) student group's public events, there in Lawrence. I haven't been there in 10 years, so I dunno if the same person is making it, but I had a friend who worked at The Mercantile and she made a vegan carrot cake in their deli that is quite literally the best dessert I've ever had. No eggs/milk/butter... Tofu frosting... AMAZING. Better than the real thing.

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post