What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
03-12-2015, 07:51 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
Home made soup and a salad. Healthy but unusual. Wife made it for a neighbor who had hip surgery a couple of days ago.

Confused

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like OhDannyBoy's post
03-12-2015, 08:41 PM
I am unsure.
Last night I had Vietnamese. The night before Greek.

The only things I spend money on these days are rent, bills and food. I am supposed to avoid processed foods, so going and having something cooked is good because it also makes me walk.

Maybe Italian??

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Oriental chicken noodle soup with from the left over roast chicken. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-01-2016, 08:38 PM
(03-12-2015 08:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am supposed to avoid processed foods,

We almost never eat processed foods and my wife refers to any processed food as "a food like substance." My wife is a health food nut and we do not eat refined sugar. When people tell her you have to have carbs to be healthy, she points out that our Native American ancestors didn't eat refined sugar for hundreds of years and that your body can get all the carbs it needs from meat and other "real" foods, especially fruit.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
12-01-2016, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 08:49 PM by Chas.)
Cold roast chicken, baked potato w/butter, small lettuce and tomato salad.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-01-2016, 11:33 AM
(12-01-2016 08:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  Cold roast chicken, baked potato w/butter, small lettuce and tomato salad.

Why cold roast chicken, was this a left over or is this a special dish?
13-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Couscous with minced meat made in soy sauce with touch of cinnamon.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-03-2016, 06:58 PM
[Image: 9hiYc7c.jpg]

Packaged this up and put it in oven, went to lake, came back an hour later and ready to eat. Polish sausage, onions and bake potatoes.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
05-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Lambi. I am not quite sure what it is. I am in the Dominican Republic and it isn't necessarily a Spanish word, not that I know all Spanish words, but this may be a local Dominican word, but it looks like diced worms and is rubbery, and a type of seafood, maybe conch or similar octopus testicles? (or tentacles?) and I cannot grind the few teeth I have left thru it myself, but milady likes and serves it every couple of weeks. With spinach and macaroni and cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
05-03-2016, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 07:19 PM by DerFish.)
(12-01-2016 08:38 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am supposed to avoid processed foods,

We almost never eat processed foods and my wife refers to any processed food as "a food like substance." My wife is a health food nut and we do not eat refined sugar. When people tell her you have to have carbs to be healthy, she points out that our Native American ancestors didn't eat refined sugar for hundreds of years and that your body can get all the carbs it needs from meat and other "real" foods, especially fruit.

I am on the same kick. When people talk about food labels etc... I pipe up that real food doesn't have labels on it. Whether you pull a carrot from the ground or kill a rabbit or cow to eat no labels. Dig a potato, no labels, pick an apple or peach, no labels. My sister takes pills which she is convinced are natural vitamins. "Not unless they were picked off a vitamin bush." I tell her. She talks about tofu being a natural food. "How much processing can you do to a food and it still be natural?"
I live in the Dominican Republic and we buy most of our food from the trucks that drive thru the neighborhood full of batata, potatoes, cabbages, lettuce heads, yuca, carrots. papaya, lemons, melons,water melons, squash etc. None of it has labels. Half the price of super market food and fresher too.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post