What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
12-05-2018, 06:57 PM
RE: What's for Dinner? (or supper, or lupper, or the last meal of the day)
[Image: 001181431-1?id=J5LQR1&fmt=jpg&am...mp;hei=296]

Do not buy this. It has neither taste nor texture. It has the consistency of baby food.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2018, 07:03 PM
(12-05-2018 06:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Do not buy this. It has neither taste nor texture. It has the consistency of baby food.

Yikes. Thankfully I avoid processed foods. I used to use them more when I was working and always pressed for time - but after a short time of eating fresh, I couldn't stand any of the processed flavors anymore.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-05-2018, 07:10 PM
I feel an urge to do something with rhubarb tonight. Don't know why and I don't know what yet, but I got a rhubarb itch. Smile

Rhubarb BBQ sauce on top of ribs and chicken sounds like it might work. Thumbsup

#sigh
12-05-2018, 07:15 PM
(12-05-2018 07:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Yikes. Thankfully I avoid processed foods. I used to use them more when I was working and always pressed for time - but after a short time of eating fresh, I couldn't stand any of the processed flavors anymore.

I can taste the chemicals. I'll eat them occasionally like UTZ or Lay's potato chips and whatnot but not often, and when I do, I taste the chemicals. I just have to realize it before I eat them so my palate and tongue are prepared for chemical. Don't get me wrong, chemical can be delicious, but not too often or for very long.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-05-2018, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2018 05:29 PM by JesseB.)
So the other day I was at the store getting groceries, and I saw 5 meat for 5 dollars each! So I was like hell ya, grabbed some chicken, some ground beef for tacos and I see these two pork loins. I'm like the fuck you make with that?

Then it Struck me.....

JAPANESE STYLE CURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't made any since I moved back from Texas, so I got a big ass bag of rice, both pork loins, some Gold Curry cubes and an onion (i'm poor so this is how I make curry, all them fancy shit is for rich people). Oh and I found an old can of (probably long expired) sliced carrots sitting in my cubbord. People often give me cans of food their grandparents used to give to poor people because food that is liable to kill someone is really helpful lol I usually stick it in the cupboard for when I'm so desperate I'm willing to risk being killed by my food, I should throw it away but....Fuck it. so I stuck it in the curry sauce when I was cooking it.

Rice will be done in about 10 min, can't wait!

(Don't believe me about the canned goods? Ask your local food shelter they have to throw away a lot of cans that simply aren't safe for human consumption because people love to "Help" by giving stray cats and humans poison.... Yes I added cats in their too because that's what they do to stray cats, and they treat poor humans no better)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
13-05-2018, 05:31 PM

Is it weird that I kinda miss HEB?

Made shopping so easy since they have pretty much everything and it's cats dogs neighbors kitchen sink.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
13-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Meh, the carrots were gross, but I expected that. Shoulda used 2 curry cube things instead of 1. But it was still so damn good. When I cook up the other pork loin I'll use 2 cubes and no canned carrots and I bet It'll be perfect.

(The rice came out perfect though, just the right amount of sticky, I'm rather proud of myself for this)....

I should cook like this more often!

Big Grin
13-05-2018, 10:00 PM
(13-05-2018 05:31 PM)JesseB Wrote:  

Is it weird that I kinda miss HEB?

Made shopping so easy since they have pretty much everything and it's cats dogs neighbors kitchen sink.

HEB is usually pretty good, which is why I was surprised this was just absolutely wretched. Only reason we bought it was it was late and we needed something for that nights dinner, have the rest of the week planned with home cooked meals, and from the box it sounded as if it would be ok.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-05-2018, 01:05 PM
B: Toast and veggie sausage.

L: PB/blackberry jelly sandwich and tortilla chips.

D: Probably leftover chicken, rice and mixed veggies.