What's funny to you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2016, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2016 03:33 PM by Anjele.)
RE: What's funny to you?
I like standup comedy...at least some of it...pretty wide range of taste with it...

Richard Pryor
Lewis Black
George Carlin
Paula Poundstone

ETA - Eddie Izzaard
...many others.

What are considered comedy movies and TV shows generally don't do it for me. I think it's because they are trying too hard to be funny.

Dry wit is great...unexpected humor is the best. A comment that catches me off guard here on the forum is a real treat - I find Julep slips in some gems.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
15-09-2016, 03:15 PM
I was always a fan of Laurel & Hardy and still get a laugh when I see those old films. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, early Woody Allen - Comedians would be Dylan Moran, Micky Flanagan and Frankie Boyle. Too many tv shows to mention. but Father Ted is one of my favourites.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
15-09-2016, 03:17 PM
What isn't?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-09-2016, 03:25 PM
(15-09-2016 03:15 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I was always a fan of Laurel & Hardy and still get a laugh when I see those old films. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, early Woody Allen - Comedians would be Dylan Moran, Micky Flanagan and Frankie Boyle. Too many tv shows to mention. but Father Ted is one of my favourites.

This reminds of something I forgot to put on my list:

Funny: Laurel & Hardy

Not Funny: Abbot & Costello

Don't ask me why, cuz I don't know. But Laurel & Hardy always cracked me up (Three Stooges, too), and the other pair never did a thing for me.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
15-09-2016, 03:28 PM
(15-09-2016 03:25 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 03:15 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I was always a fan of Laurel & Hardy and still get a laugh when I see those old films. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, early Woody Allen - Comedians would be Dylan Moran, Micky Flanagan and Frankie Boyle. Too many tv shows to mention. but Father Ted is one of my favourites.

This reminds of something I forgot to put on my list:

Funny: Laurel & Hardy

Not Funny: Abbot & Costello

Don't ask me why, cuz I don't know. But Laurel & Hardy always cracked me up (Three Stooges, too), and the other pair never did a thing for me.
Same here, Abbot & Costello never appealed to me, I just never found them funny.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
15-09-2016, 03:42 PM
(15-09-2016 02:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  yakherder
Whiskey Debates

I must admit that I will always go to the favorite pictures threads immediately when I see that yakherder has posted there...most of the time I am slightly ashamed that I see the humor....but not ashamed enough not to do it again. Confused

Whiskey debates is a master at handing someone their ass and making it seem like they should then thank him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
15-09-2016, 03:46 PM
They say it's all funny, until somebody gets hurt............

I dunno......

Sometimes, depending on the asshole involved, it's even funnier then.....

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-09-2016, 03:48 PM
I prefer to find my humor in the bizarre and unexpected. Something that looks or sounds normal at first, but makes you double take.

This isn't particularly funny, but it's a good example of the sort of thing I mean:

Things are alot more like they used to be, than they are now.

That's just weird! At first it seems like someone reminiscing, perhaps...then your brain cramps. huh?

Things Are More Like They Are Now Than They Have Ever Been

another version.

And things that sort of catch you by surprise:

Procrastinators Unite!....tomorrow

Simple one-liners and jokes

[Image: 2h6suc4.jpg]

Standing in the park, I was wondering why a Frisbee gets larger the closer it gets. Then it hit me.

My wife told me: “Sex is better on holiday.”
That was a depressing postcard.

I remember the last thing my nan said to me before she died.
"Why do you have that hammer??"

Onions make me sad. Alot of people don't realize that.

A girl called me the other day and said, “Come over, nobody’s home”, so I went over. Nobody was home.

I want to write a mystery novel.
...or do I?

As a child I had a medical condition that meant I had to eat soil three times a day.
Lucky my big brother told me about it, really.

I think Exit signs are on the way out.

Boxers don’t have sex before a fight. Do you know why that is?
They don't fancy each other.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way so I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Throwing acid is wrong, in some people’s eyes.

The first time I got a universal remote control I thought to myself, “This changes everything”.

Say what you want about deaf people…

I refused to believe my road worker father was stealing from his job, but when I got home all the signs were there.

As I watched the dog chasing his tail I thought “Dogs are easily amused”, then I realized I was watching the dog chasing his tail.

Just because nobody complains doesn’t mean all parachutes are perfect.

Q: How does a woman scare a gynecologist? A: By becoming a ventriloquist!

I really need to stop blaming autocorrect and face the fact that I can't spill.

The early bird gets the worm but the late worm gets to live.

You know...stuff like that.
[+] 6 users Like The Dark One's post
15-09-2016, 03:50 PM
(15-09-2016 03:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They say it's all funny, until somebody gets hurt............

I dunno......

Sometimes, depending on the asshole involved, it's even funnier then.....

Wink

Nothing to do with your post, but just seeing it reminded me that I forgot someone on my "funny writers" list, and that would be Douglas Adams. He was right up there with the other people I listed.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
15-09-2016, 03:51 PM
The early bird might get the worm ---

But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post