What's funny to you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2016, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2016 04:17 PM by Commonsensei.)
RE: What's funny to you?
I feel that i have a good sense of humor.

Normaly I never know what will set me off the rails thou.

Last night for example my wife and I were watching AGT. then on of the commercials came on with a grandfather telling the story about the big bad wolf to his grandkids. "I'll huf and i'll puff and i'll blow your house in." he says then one of his grand kids looks to him and says that sounds like you grandpa. It then gose into a medical commercail telling about the drug that will help whit hyperventilating or problems breathing. And like all these drug commercials it rambles off the long list of side effects.

So i started thinking about it as if the grandfather was telling his grand-kids this. talking about blood in the stools, erectile difunstion, loose bowels etc etc. I just imagined the look of discussed on the kids face as their grandfather drifted off into lala land disribibing his new drug.

"Grandpa you tell the worst stories."

My jokes to my personal friends i say things, I wouldn't say.

Like if someone asks me for help. I tell them to go fuck themselves.
I find it funny, because it's unexpected. Which is usually the key in any good joke.

I love stupid humor, smart humor, dark comedy (at times) potty humor, observational humor...i know there's more i just can't think.

George Carlin is my all time favorite. I missed an opportunity to see him live. He a perfect combination of smart humor, that he dose in a stupid way. He know just how to make his point come accross, will keeping you laughing the whole way.

Young Eddie Murphy.
Robin Williams
Patton Oswald
Lewis C.K.
Jim Gaffigain
The Monety Python Gang.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
16-09-2016, 04:16 PM
(16-09-2016 04:09 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I feel that i have a good sense of humor.

Normaly I never know what will set me off the rails thou.

Last night for example my wife and I were watching AGT. then on of the commercials came on with a grandfather telling the story about the big bad wolf to his grandkids. "I'll huf and i'll puff and i'll blow your house in." he says then one of his grand kids looks to him and says that sounds like you grandpa. It then gose into a medical commercail telling about the drug that will help whit hyperventilating or problems breathing. And like all these drug commercials it rambles off the long list of side effects.

So i started thinking about it as if the grandfather was telling his grand-kids this. talking about blood in the stools, erectile difunstion, loose bowels etc etc. I just imagined the look of discussed on the kids face as their grandfather drifted off into lala land disribibing his new drug.

"Grandpa you tell the worst stories."

That made me laugh! Nice.
16-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Listening to soundboard prank calls cracks me up. Especially the Dr. Phil ones. It amazes me how rarely people recognize the voice.
16-09-2016, 04:31 PM
I've always been a big fan of cartoons. My granny used to pop a vhs tape into her vcr and record hours worth of Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and other stuff off TBS for me, with a few episodes of Little Rascals and the Three Stooges thrown in.

She'd never record Leave it to Beaver, which I take as a sign that she really, really loved me.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-09-2016, 09:11 PM
I enjoy a good laugh, therefore my standards are low.
I can do silly. My wife, not so much.
16-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Everything is funny if you're cynical enough.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
16-09-2016, 10:02 PM
(16-09-2016 09:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Everything is funny if you're cynical enough.

Forget the provenance, someone will help out, I'm sure- "I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused." Or words to that effect.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-09-2016, 10:06 PM
(16-09-2016 09:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Everything is funny if you're cynical enough.

I think your avatar thingy over on the side is funny. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-09-2016, 10:26 PM
This made me laugh like hell. The Last Fuckable Day. Hahahaha. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-09-2016, 02:29 AM
Quote:Did you ever read Terry Pratchett, TDO?

I was going to answer no, but then I googled him and it turns out that I have- I'm glad you asked, because I remember, and enjoyed, the two books I read, but could not remember the author's name so I could look for more. Thumbsup
I read Good Omens, and Small Gods, back...oh, it must have been in the mid 90's I guess. I loved 'em. Thanks for joggin' the old memory...or what's left of it. Big Grin