What's going to happen in the US?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2016, 12:52 PM
What's going to happen in the US?
With all of this crazy stuff going on its hard to imagine what steps the leaders will start to take, for me anyway.
The girls were talking about it at work, they think martial law is coming. I'd rather it didn't.
The churches are on the "race war" kick
But I'm just curious what could really be the outcome?
Will it just fizzle out for a while and come back? Will it continue to get worse?
It's just really annoying with all of these stupid people trying to kill each other.
My sister was at work the other day and a man came running in asking for them to call the cops. He was beaten up, his head was bashed, blood everywhere.apparently he was attacked because he was white. It's all over her town. It's everywhere it seems. It's hard to tell if things are really as bad as the media says it is.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: What's going to happen in the US?
Sometimes I watch conspiracy theorists on youtube because ...you know...nuts people are fun. I remember seeing this guy who claimed that martial law was going to be enforced in US and that Obama will use the situation to call off the elections.
Maybe that guy was not so nuts after all.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
18-07-2016, 01:12 PM
(18-07-2016 12:52 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  With all of this crazy stuff going on its hard to imagine what steps the leaders will start to take, for me anyway.
The girls were talking about it at work, they think martial law is coming. I'd rather it didn't.
Will it just fizzle out for a while and come back? Will it continue to get worse?
It's just really annoying with all of these stupid people trying to kill each other.
My sister was at work the other day and a man came running in asking for them to call the cops. He was beaten up, his head was bashed, blood everywhere.apparently he was attacked because he was white. It's all over her town. It's everywhere it seems. It's hard to tell if things are really as bad as the media says it is.

Martial Law is not coming. Shit has to really hit the fan before Martial Law is even a concern. Last time we were under full Martial Law was during the Civil War

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
18-07-2016, 01:12 PM

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
18-07-2016, 01:14 PM
(18-07-2016 01:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 12:52 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  With all of this crazy stuff going on its hard to imagine what steps the leaders will start to take, for me anyway.

Martial Law is not coming. Shit has to really hit the fan before Martial Law is even a concern. Last time we were under full Martial Law was during the Civil War

Yeah but I read it takes the president to issue it. So wouldn't it depend on the president? I don't think ours is above it.
18-07-2016, 01:15 PM
(18-07-2016 01:08 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Sometimes I watch conspiracy theorists on youtube because ...you know...nuts people are fun. I remember seeing this guy who claimed that martial law was going to be enforced in US and that Obama will use the situation to call off the elections.
Maybe that guy was not so nuts after all.

I saw that too and I can't lie, I went into a full panic attack.
That's why I decided this time to just ask real people lol.
18-07-2016, 01:17 PM
(18-07-2016 01:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Revolution will not be televised? Fuck that, that would be best tv in years. I demand round the clock coverage.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
18-07-2016, 01:23 PM
(18-07-2016 01:14 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Martial Law is not coming. Shit has to really hit the fan before Martial Law is even a concern. Last time we were under full Martial Law was during the Civil War

Yeah but I read it takes the president to issue it. So wouldn't it depend on the president? I don't think ours is above it.

President can declare it but congress has to approve. Even then it's only a temporary thing. It essentially allows the military to babysit until whatever is causing issue is fixed.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-07-2016, 01:25 PM
(18-07-2016 01:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:14 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Yeah but I read it takes the president to issue it. So wouldn't it depend on the president? I don't think ours is above it.

President can declare it but congress has to approve. Even then it's only a temporary thing. It essentially allows the military to babysit until whatever is causing issue is fixed.

I feel like it would only worsen things.
Like a tad off subject like to the left a bit., the last time I was in church over a year ago my preacher was talking about all of this and he even mentioned the "fema" camps?
Like really?
18-07-2016, 01:26 PM
(18-07-2016 01:14 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Martial Law is not coming. Shit has to really hit the fan before Martial Law is even a concern. Last time we were under full Martial Law was during the Civil War

My own thinking is it would take more than a bloodied victim asking for police help to declare martial law. I am not even sure it was declared after September 11th 2001.

Wikipedia's take on martial law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#United_States

Quote:The martial law concept in the United States is closely tied with the right of habeas corpus, which is in essence the right to a hearing on lawful imprisonment, or more broadly, the supervision of law enforcement by the judiciary. The ability to suspend habeas corpus is often equated with martial law.[citation needed] Article 1, Section 9 of the US Constitution states, "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

In United States law, martial law is limited by several court decisions that were handed down between the American Civil War and World War II. In 1878, Congress passed the Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids military involvement in domestic law enforcement without congressional approval.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post