What's going to happen in the US?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: What's going to happen in the US?
(18-07-2016 01:25 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  President can declare it but congress has to approve. Even then it's only a temporary thing. It essentially allows the military to babysit until whatever is causing issue is fixed.

I feel like it would only worsen things.
Like a tad off subject like to the left a bit., the last time I was in church over a year ago my preacher was talking about all of this and he even mentioned the "fema" camps?
Like really?

FEMA camps are just conspiracy nut made up bs. You would just have a curfew like you had when you were little.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-07-2016, 01:41 PM
I was a little kid during the 1968 riots. If you think today is crazy you should have lived back then. This is nothing.

The big difference is today we have the internet and 24 hours of instant, real time news so everything is insanely magnified and it hypes everyone up. In 1968 there was 1/2 hour of local news and 1/2 hour of national news in the evening. That was it! There wasn't any 5 minute updates at the top of the hour. There might have been 15 minutes local news at 11:00 PM but I'm not sure. All this overload of news drives me crazy. I turn it off.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-07-2016, 01:58 PM
(18-07-2016 01:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:25 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I feel like it would only worsen things.
Like a tad off subject like to the left a bit., the last time I was in church over a year ago my preacher was talking about all of this and he even mentioned the "fema" camps?
Like really?

FEMA camps are just conspiracy nut made up bs. You would just have a curfew like you had when you were little.

It's a nightmare
18-07-2016, 01:59 PM
(18-07-2016 01:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was a little kid during the 1968 riots. If you think today is crazy you should have lived back then. This is nothing.

The big difference is today we have the internet and 24 hours of instant, real time news so everything is insanely magnified and it hypes everyone up. In 1968 there was 1/2 hour of local news and 1/2 hour of national news in the evening. That was it! There wasn't any 5 minute updates at the top of the hour. There might have been 15 minutes local news at 11:00 PM but I'm not sure. All this overload of news drives me crazy. I turn it off.

I don't even watch the news, I have social media and it's just as bad.. If not worse.
18-07-2016, 02:05 PM
(18-07-2016 01:59 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was a little kid during the 1968 riots. If you think today is crazy you should have lived back then. This is nothing.

I don't even watch the news, I have social media and it's just as bad.. If not worse.

I don't do social media either. This forum is about as close to social media as I get. I don't have a facebook, twitter or any other account. I paint my fingernails instead! * Girl_nails

*(not really, I just like the manicure icon. It's my favorite. Tongue )

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-07-2016, 02:08 PM
(18-07-2016 02:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:59 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I don't even watch the news, I have social media and it's just as bad.. If not worse.

I don't do social media either. This forum is about as close to social media as I get. I don't have a facebook, twitter or any other account. I paint my fingernails instead! * Girl_nails

*(not really, I just like the manicure icon. It's my favorite. Tongue )

I have Facebook. Deleted once until I realized my sisters shared everything on there including all of our pictures. Then I got sucked back in.
But everyone has opinions on fb.
18-07-2016, 02:15 PM

Yup... I'm guessing I'm the same age as you.... The local new sure made Detroit look like an alternative to going to Viet Nam........ Pretty wild shit...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-07-2016, 02:16 PM
(18-07-2016 01:17 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Revolution will not be televised? Fuck that, that would be best tv in years. I demand round the clock coverage.

Not only will it be televised, NIKE will sponsor the time slots.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-07-2016, 02:21 PM
There have been protests and uprisings for years and years in the US. Some of them bring about social changes that are for the good of many while some people still reject those changes - Civil Rights comes to mind. There is often a time of great unrest then things calm down a bit until the next issue comes to the fore and enough people get involved.

Some may call it a revolution. I see it as evolution. Good, bad, or indifferent things just don't stay the same for too long.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
18-07-2016, 02:25 PM
(18-07-2016 02:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There have been protests and uprisings for years and years in the US. Some of them bring about social changes that are for the good of many while some people still reject those changes - Civil Rights comes to mind. There is often a time of great unrest then things calm down a bit until the next issue comes to the fore and enough people get involved.

Some may call it a revolution. I see it as evolution. Good, bad, or indifferent things just don't stay the same for too long.

I think you just described Punctuated Equilibrium.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post