What's going to happen in the US?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: What's going to happen in the US?
(18-07-2016 12:52 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  With all of this crazy stuff going on its hard to imagine what steps the leaders will start to take, for me anyway.
The girls were talking about it at work, they think martial law is coming. I'd rather it didn't.
The churches are on the "race war" kick
But I'm just curious what could really be the outcome?
Will it just fizzle out for a while and come back? Will it continue to get worse?
It's just really annoying with all of these stupid people trying to kill each other.
My sister was at work the other day and a man came running in asking for them to call the cops. He was beaten up, his head was bashed, blood everywhere.apparently he was attacked because he was white. It's all over her town. It's everywhere it seems. It's hard to tell if things are really as bad as the media says it is.

We're going to carry on. Most people are NOT going crazy about all this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2016, 02:45 PM
(18-07-2016 02:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 02:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There have been protests and uprisings for years and years in the US. Some of them bring about social changes that are for the good of many while some people still reject those changes - Civil Rights comes to mind. There is often a time of great unrest then things calm down a bit until the next issue comes to the fore and enough people get involved.

Some may call it a revolution. I see it as evolution. Good, bad, or indifferent things just don't stay the same for too long.

I think you just described Punctuated Equilibrium.

Thumbsup

If I did, I don't think I meant to. Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
18-07-2016, 03:37 PM
There is IMO a strong issue regarding the US Republic. All it needs is a leader to get the military and it can fall. Just as it did in Rome. Trump for example, had he the military, could be such a person.

During the time of the Republic in Rome, in time of desperate need, one man could be made dictator and hold this position for 6 months. A man named Cincinnatus did this. However with he, when the problem was rectified he immediately quit.

It later took Ilulias Caesar, with an army behind him, to march on Rome, create a civil war and declare himself dictator.

The American republic was formed on the Roman model. History repeats.

The USA, with it's heavily armed populace, is coming to a close. Perhaps between the next 50 to 100 years. Maybe sooner.

"The history of Rome is the history of the world"
Napoleon.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
18-07-2016, 03:41 PM

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
18-07-2016, 03:50 PM
(18-07-2016 02:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There have been protests and uprisings for years and years in the US. Some of them bring about social changes that are for the good of many while some people still reject those changes - Civil Rights comes to mind. There is often a time of great unrest then things calm down a bit until the next issue comes to the fore and enough people get involved.

Some may call it a revolution. I see it as evolution. Good, bad, or indifferent things just don't stay the same for too long.

The only constant in the universe IS change.

Stasis is the dreams of the dead..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-07-2016, 04:00 PM
(18-07-2016 01:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was a little kid during the 1968 riots. If you think today is crazy you should have lived back then. This is nothing.

I lived in DC in '68. It was pretty scary to a 6 yo.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-07-2016, 04:08 PM
(18-07-2016 03:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There is IMO a strong issue regarding the US Republic. All it needs is a leader to get the military and it can fall. Just as it did in Rome. Trump for example, had he the military, could be such a person.

During the time of the Republic in Rome, in time of desperate need, one man could be made dictator and hold this position for 6 months. A man named Cincinnatus did this. However with he, when the problem was rectified he immediately quit.

It later took Ilulias Caesar, with an army behind him, to march on Rome, create a civil war and declare himself dictator.

The American republic was formed on the Roman model. History repeats.

The USA, with it's heavily armed populace, is coming to a close. Perhaps between the next 50 to 100 years. Maybe sooner.

"The history of Rome is the history of the world"
Napoleon.
I swore an oath to protect the country from all enemies, foreign or domestic.
18-07-2016, 04:17 PM
(18-07-2016 04:08 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I swore an oath to protect the country from all enemies, foreign or domestic.

So did the wehrmacht.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
18-07-2016, 04:35 PM
(18-07-2016 04:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 04:08 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I swore an oath to protect the country from all enemies, foreign or domestic.

So did the wehrmacht.
And they died trying. Unfortunately they were facing trained troops. Our troops will be facing idiots with guns.
18-07-2016, 04:41 PM
(18-07-2016 04:35 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 04:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  So did the wehrmacht.
And they died trying. Unfortunately they were facing trained troops. Our troops will be facing idiots with guns.

Talk to US troops....

They feel their oath is to the people of the country -- not to some sorry cunt of a politician who is allegedly "in charge"...

If the shit hits the fan - the US government will not be able to count on the US military doing it's bidding....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post