What's going to happen in the US?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 02:50 AM
RE: What's going to happen in the US?
(19-07-2016 12:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You obviously have your mind set on pontificating and not listening. I'll pay attention when you can bring facts to the table.

I am simply placing more emphasis on the past. There are no facts other than the events of the past. The US has already had one civil war.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 03:06 AM
(19-07-2016 02:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 12:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You obviously have your mind set on pontificating and not listening. I'll pay attention when you can bring facts to the table.

I am simply placing more emphasis on the past. There are no facts other than the events of the past. The US has already had one civil war.

Banjo, you think that US is going to have a civil war?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
19-07-2016, 03:20 AM
(19-07-2016 02:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

In an entirely different military context, pre-Posse Comitatus, and in a context where the issue was not police behavior but human chatteldom. Those conditions don't appertain in your analogy to Rome. Yours was a simple appeal to the broad strokes of history, but devoid of insight into the people on the ground who actually make history happen, so far as I can see from my own experience.
19-07-2016, 03:57 AM
(18-07-2016 10:22 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 04:08 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I swore an oath to protect the country from all enemies, foreign or domestic.

I wonder who the enemy will be? Frightened, angry regular people? Or the ones giving orders to shoot citizens?
People who allow the media to herd them into a state of fright for no good reason.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
19-07-2016, 04:30 AM
(18-07-2016 11:10 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/martial_law.aspx

Never happened before, never going to happen.

Is that irony? Consider

It happened during the American Civil War in Missouri and in areas retaken by the Union.

It also happened just next door in Canada in 1970.

Never say never. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-07-2016, 04:35 AM
(19-07-2016 03:20 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 02:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am simply placing more emphasis on the past. There are no facts other than the events of the past. The US has already had one civil war.

In an entirely different military context, pre-Posse Comitatus, and in a context where the issue was not police behavior but human chatteldom. Those conditions don't appertain in your analogy to Rome. Yours was a simple appeal to the broad strokes of history, but devoid of insight into the people on the ground who actually make history happen, so far as I can see from my own experience.

I've encountered your patriotism before. I am used to it and that is okay. I do not share it, not being a US citizen.

For me to go into great detail about Rome or the Mongols or Korea etc would bore everyone to death. I prefer to keep it simple. Nor do I pretend to be a Nostradamus. Nobody can tell the future. All I know is it repeats. If you share this knowledge of history, you know this is a fact.

That is all.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
19-07-2016, 04:36 AM
(19-07-2016 03:06 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 02:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am simply placing more emphasis on the past. There are no facts other than the events of the past. The US has already had one civil war.

Banjo, you think that US is going to have a civil war?

It already has.

Banjo.
19-07-2016, 04:46 AM
(18-07-2016 03:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There is IMO a strong issue regarding the US Republic. All it needs is a leader to get the military and it can fall. Just as it did in Rome. Trump for example, had he the military, could be such a person.

During the time of the Republic in Rome, in time of desperate need, one man could be made dictator and hold this position for 6 months. A man named Cincinnatus did this. However with he, when the problem was rectified he immediately quit.

It later took Ilulias Caesar, with an army behind him, to march on Rome, create a civil war and declare himself dictator.

The American republic was formed on the Roman model. History repeats.

The USA, with it's heavily armed populace, is coming to a close. Perhaps between the next 50 to 100 years. Maybe sooner.

"The history of Rome is the history of the world"
Napoleon.

Sulla did something similar too, first he erected a kind of dictatorship (ok, he was never officially "appointed" dictator) with purges and everything, but then stepped down voluntarily (ok, noone was left to question him, but a few very young and rising populares). Sulla also could be what Turkey is currently heading for. Noone knows what Erdogan is really up to.
How would the US handle such a guy (maybe MacArthur was pretty close to something like this [without the plan for purges] if Truman hadnt fired him)?
Eisenhower maybe was close too, but again, he was elected president and didnt have a lot of violence in him it seems. So both are still pretty bad analogies.

Trump...reminds me of Marius somehow (in his later years), without the military skills of course hehe

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
19-07-2016, 04:49 AM
(19-07-2016 04:46 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Sulla did something similar too, first he erected a kind of dictatorship (ok, he was never officially "appointed" dictator) with purges and everything, but then stepped down voluntarily (ok, noone was left to question him, but a few very young and rising populares). Sulla also could be what Turkey is currently heading for. Noone knows what Erdogan is really up to.
How would the US handle such a guy (maybe MacArthur was pretty close to something like this [without the plan for purges] if Truman hadnt fired him)?
Eisenhower maybe was close too, but again, he was elected president and didnt have a lot of violence in him it seems. So both are still pretty bad analogies.

Trump...reminds me of Marius somehow (in his later years), without the military skills of course hehe

We agree.

Banjo.
19-07-2016, 05:09 AM
(19-07-2016 04:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 03:20 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  In an entirely different military context, pre-Posse Comitatus, and in a context where the issue was not police behavior but human chatteldom. Those conditions don't appertain in your analogy to Rome. Yours was a simple appeal to the broad strokes of history, but devoid of insight into the people on the ground who actually make history happen, so far as I can see from my own experience.

I've encountered your patriotism before. I am used to it and that is okay. I do not share it, not being a US citizen.

For me to go into great detail about Rome or the Mongols or Korea etc would bore everyone to death. I prefer to keep it simple. Nor do I pretend to be a Nostradamus. Nobody can tell the future. All I know is it repeats. If you share this knowledge of history, you know this is a fact.

That is all.

History doesn't repeat, but it does often rhyme. - Mark Twain

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post