What's going to happen in the US?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: What's going to happen in the US?
(19-07-2016 09:54 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Yeah, that's pretty obvious, not to mention unoriginal. It doesn't answer my previous point, though; it only restates your own.

Charming.

The US military eh? Hasn't won a war since it and it's allies defeated Japan. Lend lease was great though. Thanks for that.

Times change. History repeats. You have a population cowering and coveting their guns. Maniacs like Trump running for president. A moron like GWB who was president twice. And an egotistical population who thinks they have the greatest culture on earth and nothing can change it.

As I said. Times change.

How many mass shootings and demonstrations so far this year? How heavily armed is your police force? How many violence driven TV shows get released? Movies?

Stop taking this shit personally too.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 04:34 PM
(19-07-2016 08:17 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 03:57 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  People who allow the media to herd them into a state of fright for no good reason.

The enemies of America are Americans who are emotionally affected by media? Isn't the media designed to emotionally affect them?

Why not those that produce the manipulative media? Or those that pay for it to be distributed?

I'm concerned that your definition makes an enemy out of the subset of citizens who A) watch manipulative media, and B) want to do something about what they (think they) learned. A) is a very large group. B) is members of that group with a degree of courage and initiative. That same subset are the ones who watch a terrorist attack on TV and decide they'll join the military to fight, or hear about bad decisions made by their city and go to the next city council meeting. Someone could see a weapon-enforced curfew on TV, decide that's not the America they live in, and protest by breaking curfew. Heroes and community leaders are made from the same scenario you say makes citizens into enemies.

Also, what's a "good reason," and who decides?
Turn the computer off, put the tablet and phone in a drawer, go walk around.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
19-07-2016, 04:51 PM
(18-07-2016 01:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:14 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Yeah but I read it takes the president to issue it. So wouldn't it depend on the president? I don't think ours is above it.

President can declare it but congress has to approve. Even then it's only a temporary thing. It essentially allows the military to babysit until whatever is causing issue is fixed.

Yeah, right. Starting with Nixon has any congress declared war, though the constitution says that is the way it should go. I actually expect that Trump is going to win, and then immediately people will attack anyone that looks Mexican or "Muslim" (whatever looking Muslim will be construed to mean) and then Trump will make a general statement that white folks are free to beat up, maim and or kill anyone who isn't white and that will give him the excuse to call it a national emergency and have a war against anyone who isn't white. Yes I expect that to happen.
19-07-2016, 05:08 PM
(19-07-2016 04:51 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 01:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  President can declare it but congress has to approve. Even then it's only a temporary thing. It essentially allows the military to babysit until whatever is causing issue is fixed.

Yeah, right. Starting with Nixon has any congress declared war, though the constitution says that is the way it should go. I actually expect that Trump is going to win, and then immediately people will attack anyone that looks Mexican or "Muslim" (whatever looking Muslim will be construed to mean) and then Trump will make a general statement that white folks are free to beat up, maim and or kill anyone who isn't white and that will give him the excuse to call it a national emergency and have a war against anyone who isn't white. Yes I expect that to happen.

HUH?????

What parallel universe are YOU from?????

"Starting with Nixon"??????

You better take another history course, or something........

Nixon got us OUT of Viet Nam.....

Eisenhower got us into it as an undeclared war- to help out the French -- and when they bailed -- Kennedy doubled down -- and got us further into it... Johnson got us into it the worst........................

Tricky Dick mighta been a paranoid dwarf --- but he wasn't a warmonger.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-07-2016, 02:00 AM
(19-07-2016 01:22 PM)bemore Wrote:  Capitalism is on a life support machine. It's a race to the bottom to see if the cancer (debt) or the chemotherapy/cure (monetary policies) will kill it off first.

I stopped looking at conspiracy a few years ago. I very rarely watch the news and I have stopped following the worlds economy. If its gonna happen it will happen. It's not just the US, its europe as well.

20-07-2016, 02:00 AM
<double post>
20-07-2016, 05:57 AM
(19-07-2016 04:51 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  [...] I actually expect that Trump is going to win, and then immediately people will attack anyone that looks Mexican or "Muslim" (whatever looking Muslim will be construed to mean) and then Trump will make a general statement that white folks are free to beat up, maim and or kill anyone who isn't white and that will give him the excuse to call it a national emergency and have a war against anyone who isn't white. Yes I expect that to happen.

I'm guessing (admittedly from a distance) that Hillary will "win" POTUS by default. I'm hoping that most Americans will see Drumpf for what he is—a psychopathic and sociopathic loony with delusions of grandeur and an ego the size of Noah's Ark [sic].

Simply put it's a case of the lesser of two evils. And which attitude far too many of our purported democracies are infested with. We've just had a general election in Australia, and we were faced with the same dilemma; Tweedle dumb, or Tweedle dumber.

Anyway, out of 100 million Republicans, they chose a quiz show compere and four-times bankrupt? Seriously?

—I shudder too at the thought of Drumpf with his finger on the red button.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
20-07-2016, 06:04 AM
Regarding the US Presidential Election......

There will be no winners.

Only losers....

Mainly - the public...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-07-2016, 06:24 AM
Dial back to '09, when the US was going down the drain quickly. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2016, 06:45 AM
(20-07-2016 05:57 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 04:51 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  [...] I actually expect that Trump is going to win, and then immediately people will attack anyone that looks Mexican or "Muslim" (whatever looking Muslim will be construed to mean) and then Trump will make a general statement that white folks are free to beat up, maim and or kill anyone who isn't white and that will give him the excuse to call it a national emergency and have a war against anyone who isn't white. Yes I expect that to happen.

I'm guessing (admittedly from a distance) that Hillary will "win" POTUS by default. I'm hoping that most Americans will see Drumpf for what he is—a psychopathic and sociopathic loony with delusions of grandeur and an ego the size of Noah's Ark [sic].

Simply put it's a case of the lesser of two evils. And which attitude far too many of our purported democracies are infested with. We've just had a general election in Australia, and we were faced with the same dilemma; Tweedle dumb, or Tweedle dumber.

Anyway, out of 100 million Republicans, they chose a quiz show compere and four-times bankrupt? Seriously?

—I shudder too at the thought of Drumpf with his finger on the red button.

There is no lesser evil between two of them. I still find Hillary`s finger on the red button to be slightly more dangerous option, especially considering her attitude towards Russia and her relationship with Putin.
US are already unnecessarily provoking Russia and it`s only gonna get worse when she becomes President which I also think that she will.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post