What's gonna happen when I cash in my chips?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2015, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 04:55 AM by Hafnof.)
RE: What's gonna happen when I cash in my chips?
I'm not the originator of this one, but it seems pertinent: It is interesting that those who have the most trouble understanding what happens when we die seem to have no trouble understanding what happens to a fly, a worm, an elephant, or even often a dog or a cat. So why is the question so difficult when it comes to a human being?

2-B is probably closest to where I sit on your chart, although I would have to reword both significantly. 2: I am convinced though not 100% certain that there is no afterlife - that I will cease to be in any meaningful sense after I die. B: I wish I could control the timing of my death and my health in my advanced years would not deteriorate. Should an afterlife exist I would always want to have the option open to be destroyed into nothingness. Any eternity with no exit option surely would be hell.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
23-02-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: What's gonna happen when I cash in my chips?
1-a - the end.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply