What's happenin' in your country TODAY?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2013, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 12:57 AM by sporehux.)
RE: What's happenin' in your country TODAY?
TATPTATP the mother of SATAN was found on West Australian beach

[Image: 19617600-acetone-peroxide-triacetone-per...esente.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 01:20 AM
(31-10-2013 04:41 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 04:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Shame, he died a shitty death Sad Good guy though.

Not as shitty as this one. Equally great man. Actually, Botev has a poem about the hanging of Levski (again, better in Bulgarian).

Yeah, reading the wiki article when Levski got arrested I was waiting for the bit where he was daring rescued or let off by the bumbling government... and then he got the chop Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-11-2013, 06:53 AM
(01-11-2013 01:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah, reading the wiki article when Levski got arrested I was waiting for the bit where he was daring rescued or let off by the bumbling government... and then he got the chop Undecided

Sadly, that usually only happens in books. In history (esp. ours), grand ideas fizzle out and end up in failure, people get betrayed by their own, or their heads chopped off in the street... and then the Russians come and fuck us something good liberate us and bring us the gift of Communism...

You know what Levski said when they asked him what he would do after Bulgaria was liberated? He said he would go and help liberate other countries...

Kinda makes you sad for a time when such idealism wasn't just young people's naiveté (or posturing)... And then again, down-to-earthness, less-make-this-world-a-better-place-by-hard-working-and-not-having-our-heads-in-the-clouds is probably (certainly) better in the long run...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 05:02 PM
In Australia (specifically Sydney), most exciting thing happening right now is the bush fires. On some days, the skies are orange and it smells like smoke. Praise Jesus for burning down those homes. The Lord sure works in mysterious ways *cough*.
04-11-2013, 04:24 PM
It's the race that stops a nation, for horses that is. The Melbourne Cup.Evil_monster
Peeps from all over the world, even Nuzulund, here to watch, and in a few cases field a horse.
Fashions on the field, super models, celebrity chefs, champers, you name it.
Lots of Sheiks with their harems from the middle east too.
Great corporate extravaganza for all and sundry....tune in!

I'm not going.Drinking Beverage
05-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Over here people are still stuck in that bloody anti-intellectual civil war between conservatives and liberals, with apolitical assholes like me stuck in the middle to make fun of both of them. My sister still thinks shes superior to me because im a man, people still blame me for racist things because im white (even when they do it), and people still think i worship satan and eat babies.

I laugh at their stupidity, but doesnt mean its not a problem.

allswell in the good old US of A.
06-11-2013, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 11:43 PM by earmuffs.)
So something apparently has been going on this week.
Turns out that three girls (aged 13-15) complained in 2011 and another girl (same age) in 2012 about a group of guys (aged 17-18) who pick up drunk girls and proceed to gang rape them and than brag about it on the internet. Why this has blown up this week is because the Police haven't done anything about it and the group was operating this whole time.
Naturally victim families, the government and the whole country are rather pissed off and the minister has requested an independent investigation of the Police's (lack of) handling of the case. Hopefully some old crusty men lose their job and golden watch for this.

Oh and how did I find out about this? Because Police have made threats (jail time and fines) to a popular online news blogger who made a parody of the Police's lack of action on the situation forcing the blogger to censor his parody or possibly face 6months in jail and a $5,000 fine. Ironic that the Police make threats about his parody, yet when it comes to a group of guys bragging online about raping underage drunk girls they do nothing...

And here I thought I was living in a 1st world country.
The sad thing is, this isn't the first time the Police have been hammered in the media this year. Earlier this year 2 of 3 Police officers were finally sentenced to jail after they raped a girl in the 70's. The 3 were very high up in the Police force too. 2 out of 3 because one died.

It's good though that the Police are no longer "untouchable" and the media rip them a new one when they fuck up like this.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-11-2013, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 03:09 PM by Luminon.)
In my country, people are getting their business confiscated by the police for selling gardening equipment.
That's right, if you sell flowerpots, fertilizer, bags of soil, clocks, ventilation fans, plastic boxes, maybe some hydroponics and lamps, the police today goes from store to store, confiscating tons of gardening supplies and souvenirs, freezing bank accounts, locking down the shops and possibly even copying the accounting on personal customer information for later crackdowns.

Why?
1) Because all these things are sold at one place, instead of 2-3 common shops
2) Because they can be used to grow marijuana, and thus selling the gardening stuff is a crime of spreading toxicomania.
3) Because a pair of florists used to sell marijuana at their flower shop, and that was made a precedent by the court.

Yeah, the government hates taxpayers and loves people who buy hard drugs, apparently. Heroine, cocaine, meth, anything but the stuff you can grow on your own. To achieve that goal, it destroys honest tax-paying business, selling legal gardening equipment which is sold in many other shops.

You realize this is a fallacious, ad hoc application of law and thus unlawful and against human rights, like the right to property and enterpreneurship.

Yeah, the shops involved were called "growshops", were probably decorated with green leaf here and there, they sold hemp-growing brochures. Some of them sold hemp seeds (which do not contain any illegal substance) or even pipes and bongs that are commonly sold at "streetshops". The growshops did their best to exclude any controversial materials from the supply, to no avail.
It was probably a government revenge for the Cannafest and Million Marihuana March this year.
It also follows a completely botched and idiotic law on medical marijuana, which will be extremely expensive, sold only by a few companies and thus profitable, but difficult for insurance companies.
Well, they might as well start the prohibition of beer. We're one bloody revolution short Angry

Police war against marijuana

Press message

Police raid and Cannafest

[Image: 2_10.05.2012_09.36.10.jpg]

By the way, you might get this forum locked down for displaying the narcotics on this page sides (consumption of coffee beans is known to precede most morning and late evening crimes!)
23-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Not in mine, technically, but today in Ukraine is Holodomor memorial day.

"The Holodomor was a man-made famine in the Ukrainian SSR and adjacent Cossack territories in 1932 and 1933. During the famine, which is also known as the "Terror-Famine in Ukraine" and "Famine-Genocide in Ukraine", millions of Ukrainians and Cossacks died of starvation in a peacetime catastrophe unprecedented in the history of Ukraine. Recent research has narrowed the estimates of the death-toll to between 1.8 and 5 million, with modern consensus for a likely total of 3–3.5 million.

Evidence of widespread cannibalism was documented during the Holodomor. The Soviet regime printed posters declaring: "To eat your own children is a barbarian act." More than 2500 people were convicted of cannibalism during the Holodomor.

The causes of the Holodomor are a subject of scholarly and political debate. Some historians theorize that the famine was an unintended consequence of the economic problems associated with radical economic changes implemented during the period of Soviet industrialization. Others claim that the Soviet policies that caused the famine were an engineered attack on Ukrainian nationalism, or more broadly, on all peasants, in order to prevent uprisings. Some suggest that the famine may fall under the legal definition of genocide."

(And this is a beautiful song about it by my most favourite Breton siger, Denez Prigent, accompanied by the lovely voice of Karen Matheson.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Today is the day for commemorating the Armenian genocide: "The Armenian Genocide, the first genocide of the 20th Century, occurred when two million Armenians living in Turkey were eliminated from their historic homeland through forced deportations and massacres between 1915-1918."

And as if this wasn't gruesome enough, there is actually squabbling and arguing over whether it actually was a genocide or just an innocent mistake, can-happen-to-anyone kinda thing.

And yes, they commemorate it in Bulgaria, too. We actually have a large Armenian minority and one of our most important poets (who tried to kill himself for love but the bullet only left him blind... so he tried again - and succeeded - next year), wrote this poem about it.

"Wretched exiles, rare survivors
Of a brave and martyr race
Children of a captive mother
Heroes with no resting place.
Far from home in squalid hovels
Sick and pale from lack of sleep.
See them drink to drown their sorrows
Hear them sing and, singing, weep!
Drink...
For drunkeness erases
Former troubles, present woes
Bitter memories effaces