What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
12-11-2014, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 04:39 PM by Full Circle.)
What's happening in your neck of the woods?
We all live so far from one another I thought it would be interesting to post a bit of local news from wherever each of us lives.

It can be serious or ridiculous (my favorite), as long as it is from your hometown or very nearby.

Give the headline and then the hyperlink.

I'll kick it off.

Gator and cat square off, cat wins this round (video)

http://www.keysnet.com/2014/10/01/498972...9/106/110/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-11-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Aw man!! Florida will win every time. You've stacked the deck FC Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-11-2014, 04:28 PM
(12-11-2014 04:21 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Aw man!! Florida will win every time. You've stacked the deck FC Tongue

Come on Smerc, there's gotta be some weird or funny shit happening where you live.

But yeah, it's not just that I live in Florida, it's where in Florida I live, stuck between the insanity that is Miami and the bizzaro world that is Key West.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-11-2014, 04:28 PM
Probation officer says ex-Iowa Senator fails third drug test

Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-11-2014, 04:29 PM
In my neighborhood when we say cold snap, evidently we are referring to what happens to the water mains. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-11-2014, 04:32 PM
(12-11-2014 04:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Probation officer says ex-Iowa Senator fails third drug test

Laugh out load

That's what I'm talking about!

Btw you sure that's not a photo of StarkRaving?

12-11-2014, 04:33 PM
A person got shot in camden again, but that is jersey for ya/

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-11-2014, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 04:43 PM by Full Circle.)
(12-11-2014 04:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  A person got shot in camden again, but that is jersey for ya/

Come on guys, read the rules in the OP.

1. Story headline
2. Hyperlink

This way we can get a glimpse into your world. Thumbsup

*Looking at the other headlines in your local news feed feels a bit voyeuristic

12-11-2014, 04:39 PM
(12-11-2014 04:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Probation officer says ex-Iowa Senator fails third drug test

Laugh out load

Ah ... so that's who Kent Sorenson is. I kept hearing him mentioned before the "failed third drug test" remark on the radio ... I thought they might be referring to some sports guy. Shows you how much I pay attention. Not.

And I'm not even high. Shy Darn

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-11-2014, 04:42 PM
(12-11-2014 04:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 04:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  A person got shot in camden again, but that is jersey for ya/

Come on guys, read the rules in the OP.

1. Story headline
2. Hyperlink

This way we can get a glimpse into your world. Thumbsup

Ok - you asked for it...
http://www.emporiagazette.com/image_6695...?mode=nogs

Yup... just a pic. We don't get all elaborate here in Kansas. Dodgy