What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
21-01-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Lawlers is closing

So one of my favorite area places for barbecue is closing in favor of their drive thru style restaurants. No more buffet with fantastic southern hospitality. Sad

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2015, 11:32 AM
the electronics are everywhere! not sure if this woman is a dimwit or pretty smart, she managed to convince a judge to allow her to receive disability checks. Consider

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/2015/01/17/...looks.html

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
23-01-2015, 12:09 PM
(23-01-2015 11:32 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  the electronics are everywhere! not sure if this woman is a dimwit or pretty smart, she managed to convince a judge to allow her to receive disability checks. Consider

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/2015/01/17/...looks.html

Those comments are saddening.

The article itself admitted that no studies have found a correlation between electromagnetic fields and human history, and yet the comments are filled with Advanced Stupid, then again the article seems to ignore the fact it admits
anyway.

This does remind me of a study I read about a year back about "Wind farm Syndrome". The study described it as a psychogenic communicated disease...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Drooling google fiber coming to town Drooling 1000 times faster than broadband Drooling

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/01...MLmb4E8KrV

hoping it will spread to the burbs too.

23-01-2015, 06:39 PM
(23-01-2015 06:34 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Drooling google fiber coming to town Drooling 1000 times faster than broadband Drooling

Once it's in the burbs, I may have to move. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
23-01-2015, 07:16 PM
(23-01-2015 06:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 06:34 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Drooling google fiber coming to town Drooling 1000 times faster than broadband Drooling

Once it's in the burbs, I may have to move. Smile

its going in at Raleigh too? right? (arent you in the Raleigh area? or am I thinking of someone else?)

23-01-2015, 07:23 PM
(23-01-2015 07:16 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  its going in at Raleigh too? right? (arent you in the Raleigh area? or am I thinking of someone else?)

I'm in the Raleigh area, but not in the city itself. So I won't get the advantage of it.
23-01-2015, 08:07 PM
(21-01-2015 02:53 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Lawlers is closing

So one of my favorite area places for barbecue is closing in favor of their drive thru style restaurants. No more buffet with fantastic southern hospitality. Sad

Buffets are overrated. The food quality is poor, it's borderline unhygienic and you never get what you want because all the good stuff was taken by that family of 24 that eat like a bunch of inconsiderate pigs.

When there's a menu you can order exactly what you want, the quality is far superior and you don't need to give that fucktard at the table across from you an evil look because he took the last pot of jello.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
23-01-2015, 08:58 PM
(23-01-2015 08:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 02:53 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Lawlers is closing

Buffets are overrated. The food quality is poor, it's borderline unhygienic and you never get what you want because all the good stuff was taken by that family of 24 that eat like a bunch of inconsiderate pigs.

When there's a menu you can order exactly what you want, the quality is far superior and you don't need to give that fucktard at the table across from you an evil look because he took the last pot of jello.

Got to agree with you Muffs - buffets creep me out. I don't even care for salad bars.

- borderline may be a bit gracious No

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Gunfire meant for iguana terrifies vacationing family

This is so Florida Keys Facepalm

http://www.keysnet.com/2015/01/23/500835....html?rh=1

I like the comment by one of the locals “tourist - should be no charges”. Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce