What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
07-05-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Stephen Colbert is a god!!

One of the funded projects was posted by my 9 YO daughters teacher, and two others will go to the middle school where the 11YO daughter attends.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/step...d=30879205

amazing!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
07-05-2015, 07:37 PM
About an hour ago Pres. Obama flew into Portland. I ran outside just in time to see Air Force 1 fly over our house. I waved but.......I don't think Obama waved back.

Beautiful plane. Loved the colors.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-05-2015, 07:41 PM
My neck of the woods for the next five hours is LAX

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
07-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Jay Leno visits Huntsville Hospital

Jay Leno is performing in Huntsville tonight and donated $10,000 to the ICU waiting room after visiting with cardiac patients and taking a bunch of selfies with patients and employees. There's a foundation called Lifesaver's Club that most of the employees join where they donate an hour or more of each paycheck to go for purchasing medical equipment (it funded "a lot" of our cool toys in the ED, an open MRI for the main hospital, etc) as well as to support the ICU waiting room (leather recliners, washer and dryers, tvs and movies, pagers, etc).

Stuff like this makes me smile.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
14-06-2015, 03:00 PM
See? Florida isn't all bad. Sometimes raccoons ride gators.

http://m.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/nat...ederated=1

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
15-06-2015, 09:46 AM
I honestly do not know. The paper promised sunshine, of which there was none. Just clouds hiding it. A grey day in Sydney. A bad day for sunburn actually. The worst days for that are hidden in greyness.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-06-2015, 09:48 AM
(07-05-2015 08:51 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Jay Leno visits Huntsville Hospital

Jay Leno is performing in Huntsville tonight and donated $10,000 to the ICU waiting room after visiting with cardiac patients and taking a bunch of selfies with patients and employees. There's a foundation called Lifesaver's Club that most of the employees join where they donate an hour or more of each paycheck to go for purchasing medical equipment (it funded "a lot" of our cool toys in the ED, an open MRI for the main hospital, etc) as well as to support the ICU waiting room (leather recliners, washer and dryers, tvs and movies, pagers, etc).

Stuff like this makes me smile.

You are a good person Nurse.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-06-2015, 10:37 AM
I share your unease, Banjo.

Here in Kansas, the radar shows nothing - no big green blobs of nastiness - and yet, my sky is a light, matte gray. I see evidence of the sun but it seems filtered ... through cloud cover that isn't on radar.

I guess after 6 inches of rain yesterday, I'm just going to be happy that it's not pouring down right now. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-06-2015, 06:11 AM
Guy decides to attack the Dallas Police Department because of their involvement in his child custody case. Yeah, another story where someone's bad choices and behavior is the fault of the police force. Dodgy

Dude purchased an armored vehicle on ebay...really, you can do that?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/13/us/dallas-...-shooting/

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-06-2015, 06:16 AM
Cleveland, Ohio How to cut cost of child poverty, to the health of kids and the community

**Crickets** -- God