What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
02-07-2015, 02:13 AM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
(01-07-2015 09:03 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  holiday weekend at Carolina beaches.

[Image: image.jpg1_zps06e3x8sw.jpg]

Pfft.

Get on our shark-level.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Tornadoes, apparently. Just slept 15 hours, too hungry to take time to cook, so I take a quick walk to the neighborhood sandwich shop (loving the convenience of city living), and then the emergency alert system goes off. Did I just get used to the high humidity over the past few weeks or is this an unusual spin up? It's July for fuck's sake.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-07-2015, 06:53 PM
(01-07-2015 09:03 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  holiday weekend at Carolina beaches.

[Image: image.jpg1_zps06e3x8sw.jpg]

Avoid Amity, and whatever you do don't let the kids sail in the pond.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
27-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Hurricane Erika is heading our way, closing the storm shutters in the morning.

Should I leave tomorrow on a trip I had planned? Fuck it, I think I’m going to go anyway, not like I could do much here, and I am insured to the hilt.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
27-08-2015, 03:12 PM
School started back today here. My oldest daughter had her first day of sixth grade. Thursday's a weird day to start school. Then again after your first day, you have one day until the weekend. So that's pretty cool at least.
27-08-2015, 03:36 PM
(27-08-2015 03:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Hurricane Erika is heading our way, closing the storm shutters in the morning.

Should I leave tomorrow on a trip I had planned? Fuck it, I think I’m going to go anyway, not like I could do much here, and I am insured to the hilt.

I hope you're heading north and/or west. Smile

And I still owe you that dollar, but I've lost your address.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Dust....Dust everywhere, last couple days there have been big dust storms. Followed by a few areas of actual rain

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
27-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Lions be shitting

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-08-2015, 04:12 PM
More drought, less heat, but I am looking forward to fall and the El Niño.
27-08-2015, 07:37 PM
(27-08-2015 03:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 03:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Hurricane Erika is heading our way, closing the storm shutters in the morning.

I hope you're heading north and/or west. Smile

And I still owe you that dollar, but I've lost your address.

Both, but mostly West.

I wasn’t going it bring it up again, I was just going to continue thinking “what a cheapskate that Chas is”, forever Smile

(Remember it has to be signed Yes )