What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
09-10-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
(09-10-2015 12:33 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 10:22 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  oh yeah, and the video also catches a guy in the crowd yelling at the police to shoot her. life in the Carolinas.

People be nuts.

Nothing says it's the south quite like them talking about the PO-leece instead of the police.
Which surprises me, considering it's Gaston County. It's next to Charlotte/Mecklenburg which (from my visits) isn't that country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2015, 08:40 PM
My live-in's old stomping grounds:
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/watch-fl...rupt-vote/

Just down the road:

http://americanhumanist.org/news/details...a-fool-hum
15-10-2015, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 02:30 AM by Ferdinand.)
The south makes me feel super racist because everyone down here is dumb as fuck and like

stealing shit doesn't make your race look awesome

like props to people of race that are GOOD people but

everyone of your race in the south is an absolute retard and/or asshole

a group of my friends house together, they live in my friend D's house, which he rents from his dad

they were all robbed at gunpoint by PEOPLE THEY KNEW

PEOPLE THEY WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH

phones, laptops, tv's, wallets, video game consoles, everything that was of the least bit valuable was stolen while my friends were held at gunpoint

the robbers hit friend T in the face with their pistol, and he had to get a plethora of painful ass stitches in his face

one of the group of robbers has been arrested but he won't reveal his companion's names

my friends still have not had their stolen belongings returned

the world is so fucked up

edit: confused detail, the guy didn't get stitches on his face, it was the back of his head

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/loca...68472.html
15-10-2015, 02:41 AM
Racism is hard to deal with, and a difficult issue from start to finish. There's the entrenched attitudes and behaviours that *keep* people down, and there's also stuff like what happened to you, where *as a result* of historical stuff, black people *in general*, in your area, tend to live in rougher neighbourhoods, be stuck with rougher upbringing... even maybe there is a cultural thing now, where gangs are more common... so then there may well be a perceived or actual *correlation* between skin colour and crime, but... (as loads of pedantic dicks like myself will point out) correlation is not causation.

IMO racism (simplistically of course) can be more or less defined as the assertion that in the case of skin colour, correlation *is* causation.

// Your daily dose of so-called wisdom brought to you by Morondog.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-11-2015, 03:14 PM
It’s Florida, so there’s that Facepalm

Man Accidentally Shot at Florida Cracker Barrel

You all know how it is. You're in a Sanford, Florida, Cracker Barrel on Sunday morning with the after-church crowd. A patron carrying a legally registered firearm is getting up to pay when his gun slips out of its holster, hits the floor, and “discharges” one round into your lower leg, requiring you to seek medical care for “non-life threatening injuries” before you can so much as finish your gravy-covered meal of gravy-fried gravy.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...harge.html

Florida...at least it’s not Mississippi

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-11-2015, 05:59 AM
MS man bombs Wal-Mart for pulling Confederate flag merchandise.
https://www.rt.com/usa/320690-walmart-bo...rate-flag/
[+] 3 users Like mecanna's post
04-11-2015, 07:08 AM
(04-11-2015 05:59 AM)mecanna Wrote:  MS man bombs Wal-Mart for pulling Confederate flag merchandise.
https://www.rt.com/usa/320690-walmart-bo...rate-flag/

The stupid! It burns!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-11-2015, 07:20 AM
Yeah... and that's right down the road. Sad
28-11-2015, 07:47 AM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Wylie-S...27361.html

Young boy from the town where I live was struck by a car and pinned to the wall of a store at a local mall. He is terribly hurt and I do hope that he will eventually be okay. Some things in the article make me grit my teeth. *sarcasm* gawd is so good*

Jeremiah Hart was walking with mom and sister Saturday at Firewheel Town Center in Garland when police say a driver, who was trying to park, hit the gas instead of the break. The vehicle jumped the curb, hit Jeremiah and pinned him up against a wall.
“I was screaming and asking for help and she backed the car away and he was still stuck to the wall,” said Bridgett Heart, Jeremiah’s mother. “So, I ran over and pulled him off the wall and laid him down, I got down beside him and he wanted to pray and so we immediately started praying to Jesus.”

Jeremiah was rushed to Children Health Dallas where he underwent an eight-hour surgery and remains in the trauma care unit. He has severe damage to his left leg, a fractured knee cap on his right leg and damage to multiple organs, according to Hart.
In the morning time before we left the house, Jeremiah was praying, and I told him it was time to go and he came out and said, 'Mama, I just read Psalms 91,' and that psalm is the psalm of protection,” Hart said. “I truly believed that is what saved his life, that he prayed that over himself and read that - he’s a prayer warrior and he’s going to pull through.”

Facepalm

That's some dandy protection.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-11-2015, 04:40 PM
(28-11-2015 07:47 AM)‘Anjele Wrote:  ...he’s a prayer warrior ....
Facepalm

That's some dandy protection.

I had to look that up and found the following Hobo

"Prayer warrior is a term used by many evangelical and other Christians to refer to anyone who is committed to praying for others. Within the context of Dominion theology, prayer warriors see themselves as engaged in spiritual warfare against satanic forces.”

I just don’t even...Facepalm

11 Ways to be a Prayer Warrior
"Condition yourself to be all you can be. Do the best you can to stay in good condition spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Prayer warriors, like soldiers should in order to be optimally effective when fighting.”
http://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual...rrior.html

We should be “Facepalm warriors” and fight lunacy and stupidity at every turn, so gird your loins people!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post