What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
10-12-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Indeed. I filled that truck up with debris yesterday afternoon.
2 main highways that cross the cascades are closed indefinitely. Big boulders down on interstate 5 closing that this morning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 08:39 AM
(10-12-2015 08:36 AM)skyking Wrote:  Indeed. I filled that truck up with debris yesterday afternoon.
2 main highways that cross the cascades are closed indefinitely. Big boulders down on interstate 5 closing that this morning.

Stay safe. We’ve had record setting rains, over 10” for December already but Florida is flat so no landslides only tons of road accidents. Heading to Miami today, not looking forward to it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-12-2015, 08:49 AM
I can imagine some epic hydroplaning.
10-12-2015, 01:32 PM
O dear, Miami in heavy rain - I swear some of those cabbies could cross the ocean in their cabs. They swim right along at times....

Raining cats and dogs here, but we needed it badly.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-12-2015, 12:21 PM
This is concerning.

Quote: Uranium, the stuff of nuclear fuel for power plants and atom bombs, increasingly is showing up in drinking water systems in major farming regions of the U.S. West — a naturally occurring but unexpected byproduct of irrigation, of drought, and of the overpumping of natural underground water reserves.

An Associated Press investigation in Central California — along with the U.S. Central Plains, among the areas most affected — found authorities are doing little to inform the public at large of the growing risk.

At particular risk are the San Joaquin Valley families who rely on private wells; as many as one out of every four of them are unknowingly drinking dangerous amounts of uranium, researchers determined this year and last. Government authorities say long-term exposure to uranium can damage kidneys and raise cancer risks, and scientists say it can have other harmful effects.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
11-12-2015, 07:20 PM
(10-12-2015 01:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  O dear, Miami in heavy rain - I swear some of those cabbies could cross the ocean in their cabs. They swim right along at times....

Raining cats and dogs here, but we needed it badly.

I survived Miami but on my way out of the Keys I watched an out of town driver hit the breaks because they missed the turn for a gas staion and had the car directly behind them and just in front of me smash into them. Pieces of autos went flying everywhere.

I went around and pulled off 100 feet in front to dial 911. As I called the passengers got out of the car and I watched one woman collapse to the ground then helped up to her feet. Within a few minutes a firetruck was on it’s way there. I asked the 911 operator if I should wait and she said there was no need. Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Quote:Sheriff Wayne Ivey of Brevard County, Florida, who says, “It’s time for America to get back to being America.” Ivey tells those licensed to carry firearms that they have a duty to protect themselves and others. “You and you alone may very well be the first line of defense for you, your family, and others around you in a terrorist or active-shooter-based scenario.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/12/09/fl...-be-armed/

Yikes!

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
11-12-2015, 07:51 PM
(11-12-2015 07:35 PM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  
Quote:Sheriff Wayne Ivey of Brevard County, Florida, who says, “It’s time for America to get back to being America.” Ivey tells those licensed to carry firearms that they have a duty to protect themselves and others. “You and you alone may very well be the first line of defense for you, your family, and others around you in a terrorist or active-shooter-based scenario.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/12/09/fl...-be-armed/

Yikes!

DJ

Yikes to what? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Runaway red train! A subway train on the red line near where I live somehow bypassed every safety procedure and went for nine minutes at 40 or so miles per hour without a conductor until power was cut to the line. The train went through four stations without stopping. If any trains had been sitting at those stations, the train would have rammed into them without braking.

This is not supposed to be technically possible, but it happened anyway.
11-12-2015, 11:14 PM
(11-12-2015 08:49 PM)julep Wrote:  Runaway red train! A subway train on the red line near where I live somehow bypassed every safety procedure and went for nine minutes at 40 or so miles per hour without a conductor until power was cut to the line. The train went through four stations without stopping. If any trains had been sitting at those stations, the train would have rammed into them without braking.

This is not supposed to be technically possible, but it happened anyway.

Sounds like Pelham 123