What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
11-12-2015, 11:25 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
It's December 11 in Central Illinois and it's a balmy 58 F.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2015, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2015 04:15 AM by Clockwork.)
Not local but being reported locally. A mayor in Franklin, NC (not really sure where that is) was sworn in. However, he didn't want to use the Bible. So of course on Facebook, the Christians are having hissy fits. Some are claiming he's not legally even the mayor. Many are saying the USA was formed by Christians for Christians.

Normal religious shitshow.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...7780972549
14-12-2015, 02:39 AM
(14-12-2015 01:39 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Many are saying the USA was formed by Christians for Christians.

Rolleyes Fuck the natives and everyone else.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-12-2015, 02:44 AM
(14-12-2015 02:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 01:39 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Many are saying the USA was formed by Christians for Christians.

Rolleyes Fuck the natives and everyone else.

[Image: 20081773.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-12-2015, 06:13 AM
Not exactly my neck of the woods, but I couldn't resist posting this little tidbit.....

"The good burghers of Woodland, North Carolina, have successfully torpedoed plans for a solar farm, arguing the panels would suck up all the sun's energy, cause cancer and drive young people out of town". Facepalm

—Australia is, of course, no stranger to the full breadth of arguments deployed against renewable energy. Our deposed prime minister, Tony Abbott once disparaged wind turbines as noisy, ugly and "visually awful".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
14-12-2015, 10:31 AM
There are a few days here and there that I am convinced I am among the smartest in North Carolina.

Now you see why.
14-12-2015, 03:26 PM
The annual footrace from Key Largo to Key West has been cancelled.

Ragnar Cancels Sold-Out Florida Keys Race After County Denies Permit. The 6,000 registered runners can apply to receive full refunds for the February race, though many booked nonrefundable flights and hotels.

http://www.runnersworld.com/races-places...orld__News

I have mixed emotions. I kinda liked seeing all those people running, it makes living here interesting. On the other hand the traffic problems it caused were big since we only have the one road in and out of here. When events like this take place going to the grocery store, post office or anywhere else is a monumental headache.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-04-2016, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2016 09:40 PM by Full Circle.)
An American crocodile got into someone’s pool. Rule of thumb around here, “Always turn on the pool lights before jumping in at night”.

http://www.keysnet.com/2016/01/21/506700...opper.html

[Image: 6tsxx.AuSt.143.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-04-2016, 03:44 PM
......Absolutely fuck all.
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyOdoors's post
04-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Five freakin' inches of snow. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post