What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
10-04-2016, 10:40 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
(10-04-2016 10:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 11:46 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Hardly going to disagree with you about that. If one's going to try and get people involved in a religion, be forthright about it. That trickery is much like the anti-evolution speaker they're bringing in tomorrow on campus; in no place do they specify he's a Creationist or this will be blatantly anti-evolution on the flier. They just give the website in super small print, that if followed, goes to the "Creation Education Center of Wisconsin".

Who invited that ignorant moron to a university campus in the 21st fucking century? Facepalm

Cheeseheads.

[Image: a-block-of-cheeseheads.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-04-2016, 06:43 AM
(10-04-2016 10:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Who invited that ignorant moron to a university campus in the 21st fucking century? Facepalm

(10-04-2016 10:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 10:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Who invited that ignorant moron to a university campus in the 21st fucking century? Facepalm

Cheeseheads.

What E.K. said. (Confession: I bought a cheese head, after moving here, at the Cheese Castle. Which funny enough, Ted Cruz recently stopped at and then evaded the question about his favorite cheese with the immortal line, "I like cheese on cheese.")

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Yesterday a 10-12’ Great White shark was seen on one of our nearby reefs where I dive regularly. If I stop posting you know what happened.

Video imbedded

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/co...19402.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-04-2016, 05:50 PM
(17-04-2016 04:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yesterday a 10-12’ Great White shark was seen on one of our nearby reefs where I dive regularly. If I stop posting you know what happened.

Video imbedded

Exactly why I don't swim in the ocean.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
17-04-2016, 08:55 PM
(17-04-2016 05:50 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 04:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yesterday a 10-12’ Great White shark was seen on one of our nearby reefs where I dive regularly. If I stop posting you know what happened.

Video imbedded

Exactly why I don't swim in the ocean.

Here in sunny SoCal, I knew lots of guys who loved to surf. They have seen gray whales, seals, and, yes indeed, Great White Shark juveniles swimming around them when they were surfing. When I asked if they were concerned about being part of the food chain, most just said that not that many people get bitten or eaten, and that they were OK with the odds. Given the relative rarity of getting shark bit, maybe they have a case. I think that the incidence of sickness from raw sewage in the ocean is a bigger concern, in terms of probability. I'm staying out of the ocean, in any event. Cthulhu, and all, you know. But then, you are in Oklahoma, far enough from the ocean that you could smack talk the sharks with impunity! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-04-2016, 09:03 PM
(17-04-2016 08:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 05:50 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Exactly why I don't swim in the ocean.

Here in sunny SoCal, I knew lots of guys who loved to surf. They have seen gray whales, seals, and, yes indeed, Great White Shark juveniles swimming around them when they were surfing. When I asked if they were concerned about being part of the food chain, most just said that not that many people get bitten or eaten, and that they were OK with the odds. Given the relative rarity of getting shark bit, maybe they have a case. I think that the incidence of sickness from raw sewage in the ocean is a bigger concern, in terms of probability. I'm staying out of the ocean, in any event. Cthulhu, and all, you know. But then, you are in Oklahoma, far enough from the ocean that you could smack talk the sharks with impunity! Tongue

Great whites are not that bad. Mates of mine surf above a great white colony. It's the bull sharks you need to watch out for. Dangerous bastards!

We see great whites all the time here and there are quite a few attacks. But usually they are okay.

Nothing much seems to be happening in Sydney.

Qantas seems to be going downhill.

Our prime minister (I forget his name) needs not to upset the Chinese as a US puppet.

Grant Hackett seems to be in trouble.

That's about it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
18-04-2016, 07:32 AM
(12-11-2014 04:42 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 04:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Come on guys, read the rules in the OP.

1. Story headline
2. Hyperlink

This way we can get a glimpse into your world. Thumbsup

Ok - you asked for it...
http://www.emporiagazette.com/image_6695...?mode=nogs

Yup... just a pic. We don't get all elaborate here in Kansas. Dodgy

That one of those transformer thingies?
18-04-2016, 09:22 AM
(17-04-2016 04:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yesterday a 10-12’ Great White shark was seen on one of our nearby reefs where I dive regularly. If I stop posting you know what happened. [...]

[Image: CelebrityTennis-GregNorman.jpg]
Last time I checked, Greg was only 6 ft tall.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
18-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Patriots Day

[Image: 04192011_19reenactment_photo6-7909519-850x478$large.jpg]

Boston Marathon

[Image: Boston-Marathon.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-04-2016, 11:07 AM
(18-04-2016 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  Patriots Day

[Image: 04192011_19reenactment_photo6-7909519-850x478$large.jpg]

Boston Marathon

[Image: Boston-Marathon.jpg]

It kinda looks like the patriots are going to fight the marathon runners Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.