What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
29-07-2016, 10:09 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
9 laps for me, not 9 miles Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
30-07-2016, 09:41 AM
(29-07-2016 09:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 09:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I wouldn’t call it fun, a 9 mile swim is grueling.

True. But I love being active and pushing myself physically. So to me, while certainly grueling, it would be a form of fun. Big Grin

With that kind of masochism on tap, you ought to raise a dozen kids, you want grueling. Tongue
05-08-2016, 01:52 PM
(30-07-2016 09:41 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 09:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  True. But I love being active and pushing myself physically. So to me, while certainly grueling, it would be a form of fun. Big Grin

With that kind of masochism on tap, you ought to raise a dozen kids, you want grueling. Tongue

Wait, you have 12 kids Gasp

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-08-2016, 07:58 PM
(05-08-2016 01:52 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 09:41 AM)Fireball Wrote:  With that kind of masochism on tap, you ought to raise a dozen kids, you want grueling. Tongue

Wait, you have 12 kids Gasp

Shocking No no no no no! I have three! What I meant was, if Nurse likes that kind of pain, SHE could raise a dozen! Sorry if I wasn't clear.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-08-2016, 11:52 PM
Police shot an armed African American suspect Small riot going on, a BP station (fire was put out eventually, but initially fire department couldn't get in due to gunfire) and an auto shop have been torched, firefighters have put out a fire at a bank, one police car smashed, one police car torched, at least one officer injured so far. Watching local news right now, it seems the police are out in force in northern Milwaukee.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2016, 09:17 AM
(13-08-2016 11:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Police shot an armed African American suspect Small riot going on, a BP station (fire was put out eventually, but initially fire department couldn't get in due to gunfire) and an auto shop have been torched, firefighters have put out a fire at a bank, one police car smashed, one police car torched, at least one officer injured so far. Watching local news right now, it seems the police are out in force in northern Milwaukee.

How close are you to the mayhem?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-08-2016, 05:58 PM
(14-08-2016 09:17 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 11:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Police shot an armed African American suspect Small riot going on, a BP station (fire was put out eventually, but initially fire department couldn't get in due to gunfire) and an auto shop have been torched, firefighters have put out a fire at a bank, one police car smashed, one police car torched, at least one officer injured so far. Watching local news right now, it seems the police are out in force in northern Milwaukee.

How close are you to the mayhem?

About 30 minutes. On the drive home though, even here, the police were definitely out in larger numbers than usual. Normally I'll see maybe one police car on a Saturday night. Last night there were cops walking down the road in the part of town that has the most local trouble usually and saw several police cars along the way home from cards. Things have been calmer today overall; prominent folks in the Milwaukee area keep asking for calm, rather than stuff flare up again. Mayor probably didn't help last night when he took a bit of a law and order stance in his meandering all-over-the-place speech while the city council head's speech was essentially, "I get it, I grew up here too and know what it's like to be black and get profiled sometimes. But we shouldn't burn down innocent people's businesses."

14-08-2016, 07:37 PM
(14-08-2016 05:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 09:17 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  How close are you to the mayhem?

About 30 minutes. On the drive home though, even here, the police were definitely out in larger numbers than usual. Normally I'll see maybe one police car on a Saturday night. Last night there were cops walking down the road in the part of town that has the most local trouble usually and saw several police cars along the way home from cards. Things have been calmer today overall; prominent folks in the Milwaukee area keep asking for calm, rather than stuff flare up again. Mayor probably didn't help last night when he took a bit of a law and order stance in his meandering all-over-the-place speech while the city council head's speech was essentially, "I get it, I grew up here too and know what it's like to be black and get profiled sometimes. But we shouldn't burn down innocent people's businesses."

Stay away from trouble will ya?

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-08-2016, 08:20 PM
(14-08-2016 07:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 05:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  About 30 minutes. On the drive home though, even here, the police were definitely out in larger numbers than usual. Normally I'll see maybe one police car on a Saturday night. Last night there were cops walking down the road in the part of town that has the most local trouble usually and saw several police cars along the way home from cards. Things have been calmer today overall; prominent folks in the Milwaukee area keep asking for calm, rather than stuff flare up again. Mayor probably didn't help last night when he took a bit of a law and order stance in his meandering all-over-the-place speech while the city council head's speech was essentially, "I get it, I grew up here too and know what it's like to be black and get profiled sometimes. But we shouldn't burn down innocent people's businesses."

Stay away from trouble will ya?
Definitely and thanks. Walker has activated the National Guard, hoping it doesn't re-inflame things. MPD doesn't have the best community relations to begin with, and not a fan of the Sheriff there either and his deputies. I'll definitely not be going up there any time soon; though was there only about five days ago for a cheap lake cruise that was sponsored by the archidocese.

14-08-2016, 08:30 PM
(14-08-2016 08:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 07:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Stay away from trouble will ya?
Definitely and thanks. Walker has activated the National Guard, hoping it doesn't re-inflame things. MPD doesn't have the best community relations to begin with, and not a fan of the Sheriff there either and his deputies. I'll definitely not be going up there any time soon; though was there only about five days ago for a cheap lake cruise that was sponsored by the archidocese.

I know some guys in the 32nd Military Police Company who were activated for the chaos. Ironically a big chunk of the company is currently in Cuba bored out of their minds. Funny how that works out.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post