What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
14-08-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Tomorrow is Back to School day for the kids.

back to life with an alarm clock, blah.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2016, 10:14 PM
(14-08-2016 09:51 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Tomorrow is Back to School day for the kids.

But hey, they got to ride on the Full Circle during vacation. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-08-2016, 07:18 AM
(14-08-2016 10:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 09:51 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Tomorrow is Back to School day for the kids.

There were a few summers I would have paid a school administrator to start school a few weeks early Angel But this year, our summer was so great, granted most of it was in the car road tripping, but we had so much fun, I don't think any of us really wanted it to end.

My kids are still laughing about the video of the tarpon feeding we had with you. Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
15-08-2016, 08:06 AM
(15-08-2016 07:18 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 10:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  But hey, they got to ride on the Full Circle during vacation. Smile

There were a few summers I would have paid a school administrator to start school a few weeks early Angel But this year, our summer was so great, granted most of it was in the car road tripping, but we had so much fun, I don't think any of us really wanted it to end.

My kids are still laughing about the video of the tarpon feeding we had with you. Smile

I haven’t seen the video on your FB yet.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-08-2016, 08:48 AM
(14-08-2016 10:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

I really think you need to reword that....

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-08-2016, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 09:05 AM by Full Circle.)
(15-08-2016 08:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 10:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  But hey, they got to ride on the Full Circle during vacation. Smile

I really think you need to reword that....

[Image: dPeoPet.gif?zoom=2]

That is the Full Circle floating peacefully on the bayside while my dog chases birds.

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-08-2016, 11:23 AM
(14-08-2016 08:30 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 08:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Definitely and thanks. Walker has activated the National Guard, hoping it doesn't re-inflame things. MPD doesn't have the best community relations to begin with, and not a fan of the Sheriff there either and his deputies. I'll definitely not be going up there any time soon; though was there only about five days ago for a cheap lake cruise that was sponsored by the archidocese.

I know some guys in the 32nd Military Police Company who were activated for the chaos. Ironically a big chunk of the company is currently in Cuba bored out of their minds. Funny how that works out.

All things considered, Cuba sounds nicer. Beaches in the offtime, warmer, etc. Probably not as good shopping though.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2016, 10:59 PM
So, had a somewhat scary run-in with a tornado today.

We live in east-central Indiana. Was rainy all day, had a brief calm, then all of a sudden a small but strong cell formed south-west of us and moved north-east in line with the other rainstorms.

Was playing a game when the sirens went off. I couldn't hardly believe it, the sky was gray but fairly calm outside.

Went and checked the radar. Some gnarly rotation was headed our way.

Being the derps that my family is, rather than take to the basement, we went outside (in the rain) and grilled some steaks while watching the show.

We could see the rotation nearby, but it was passing just north of us. The clouds were so low and moving so fast, it was awesome to see.

The wall cloud dropped a tornado multiple times that fortunately wasn't very strong (ef1 most likely, may change as damage is assessed) but it certainly was scary how close it got!

Here's one pic someone took of it:

[Image: danville-tornado.jpg?w=650&h=697]

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
06-10-2016, 07:26 AM
HURRICANE MATTHEW:

I have batten down the hatches, brought as much inside as possible, closed most of the shutters, trimmed the trees, hoarded water and food and charged all my devices. Now we wait.

At this hour I don’t think the winds will be a big problem, tonight we may get 40-50 mph tops, it’s the surge that scares the shit out of me. Our island is only a few feet above mean sea level and while our house is on stilts 9 feet above MSL the roads in and out could become impassable. The cars would be lost and all else stored on the ground floor. Undecided

Looks like I might spend my 27th wedding anniversary tomorrow cleaning up debris. If you don't hear from me it means we lost power.

[Image: HurTrack1.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-10-2016, 07:34 AM
(06-10-2016 07:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  HURRICANE MATTHEW:

I have batten down the hatches, brought as much inside as possible, closed most of the shutters, trimmed the trees, hoarded water and food and charged all my devices. Now we wait.

At this hour I don’t think the winds will be a big problem, tonight we may get 40-50 mph tops, it’s the surge that scares the shit out of me. Our island is only a few feet above mean sea level and while our house is on stilts 9 feet above MSL the roads in and out could become impassable. The cars would be lost and all else stored on the ground floor. Undecided

Looks like I might spend my 27th wedding anniversary tomorrow cleaning up debris. If you don't hear from me it means we lost power.

[Image: HurTrack1.gif]

I hope you come out of it OK!