What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
06-10-2016, 04:52 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Stay safe guys!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-10-2016, 04:56 PM
(06-10-2016 02:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 01:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  3:41 PM local.

First heavy band of wind and rain just coming in. Sky a deep, dark gray.
High tide this afternoon around 6 PM. That will be the problem.

House nearly blacked out, meaning almost all accordion shutters closed, if the power goes out we’ll be tripping over our big, black dogs.

Here we go.

[Image: layer.png]

Possibly evacuating. Dodgy Wish me luck finding a hotel to accommodate me with two birds and a dog when 2 million other people are trying to get into a room, too.

Stay safe, FC.

Most Motel 6 and Super 8 hotels take animals. Not my first choice, but when I was traveling cross country with my animals it was super convenient so I didn't have to sneak them in (which I may or may not have done before Tongue in other hotels).

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-10-2016, 05:09 PM
(06-10-2016 02:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 01:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  3:41 PM local.

First heavy band of wind and rain just coming in. Sky a deep, dark gray.
High tide this afternoon around 6 PM. That will be the problem.

House nearly blacked out, meaning almost all accordion shutters closed, if the power goes out we’ll be tripping over our big, black dogs.

Here we go.

[Image: layer.png]

Possibly evacuating. Dodgy Wish me luck finding a hotel to accommodate me with two birds and a dog when 2 million other people are trying to get into a room, too.

Stay safe, FC.
How did I miss this?!

You stay safe too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2016, 05:11 PM
(06-10-2016 04:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 02:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Possibly evacuating. Dodgy Wish me luck finding a hotel to accommodate me with two birds and a dog when 2 million other people are trying to get into a room, too.

Stay safe, FC.

Most Motel 6 and Super 8 hotels take animals. Not my first choice, but when I was traveling cross country with my animals it was super convenient so I didn't have to sneak them in (which I may or may not have done before Tongue in other hotels).

We tried to stay in once with our dog, they said because he couldn't fit in a purse he wasn't welcome. Dodgy and this was in oregon - everyone here has a dog!

We did get very lucky and found a wonderful place that was totally nicer.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2016, 05:18 PM
(06-10-2016 05:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 04:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Most Motel 6 and Super 8 hotels take animals. Not my first choice, but when I was traveling cross country with my animals it was super convenient so I didn't have to sneak them in (which I may or may not have done before Tongue in other hotels).

We tried to stay in once with our dog, they said because he couldn't fit in a purse he wasn't welcome. Dodgy and this was in oregon - everyone here has a dog!

We did get very lucky and found a wonderful place that was totally nicer.

Yeah, I would definitely call ahead first. I had an 85 lb dog at the time and had no problem staying across country in various motel 6/hotel 8's.

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Well, I get to spend the night in my own place. I called the emergency management line and worked out an escape route and a last resort time to leave and still be safe. There is a shelter that accepts pets, so I'm going to head there as soon as it becomes clear that I can't remain at home any longer. Half my neighborhood has already evacuated, so that's probably the best route for me to take as well. I have no shutters and I'm surrounded by idiotic neighbors who have apparently never been through a hurricane before. Lawn ornaments, planters, patio furniture, and even loose bricks are still out. Idiots.

The news is saying that we will be losing power and the roads will probably not be able to be driven on until the debris gets cleared away. Shelter says to plan to stay for a few days. And there will be no power, which means no AC, and of course there will be no showers. And there will be lots of pets.
06-10-2016, 05:45 PM
(06-10-2016 05:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Well, I get to spend the night in my own place. I called the emergency management line and worked out an escape route and a last resort time to leave and still be safe. There is a shelter that accepts pets, so I'm going to head there as soon as it becomes clear that I can't remain at home any longer. Half my neighborhood has already evacuated, so that's probably the best route for me to take as well. I have no shutters and I'm surrounded by idiotic neighbors who have apparently never been through a hurricane before. Lawn ornaments, planters, patio furniture, and even loose bricks are still out. Idiots.

The news is saying that we will be losing power and the roads will probably not be able to be driven on until the debris gets cleared away. Shelter says to plan to stay for a few days. And there will be no power, which means no AC, and of course there will be no showers. And there will be lots of pets.

Ugh. Keep us posted Hug

06-10-2016, 05:47 PM
(06-10-2016 04:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 02:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Possibly evacuating. Dodgy Wish me luck finding a hotel to accommodate me with two birds and a dog when 2 million other people are trying to get into a room, too.

Stay safe, FC.

Many Holiday Inns do, as well.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-10-2016, 05:51 PM
(06-10-2016 05:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Well, I get to spend the night in my own place. I called the emergency management line and worked out an escape route and a last resort time to leave and still be safe. There is a shelter that accepts pets, so I'm going to head there as soon as it becomes clear that I can't remain at home any longer. Half my neighborhood has already evacuated, so that's probably the best route for me to take as well. I have no shutters and I'm surrounded by idiotic neighbors who have apparently never been through a hurricane before. Lawn ornaments, planters, patio furniture, and even loose bricks are still out. Idiots.

Crap, be careful. Hugs

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2016, 06:44 PM
See if there is a pet friendly hotel nearby:

http://www.officialpethotels.com/?refid=...dly-hotels

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post