What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
18-01-2017, 07:28 AM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Pythons...we now are seeing hatchlings in Key Largo about 30 miles north of us, they will most likely be here in the next 24 months Sadcryface
One was recently found coiled up on a channel marker out as sea, they are good swimmers and voracious eaters.

Pythons stake out new territory: the Florida Keys
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/en...94527.html

Graphic images
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida...story.html

[Image: 1100x619]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
18-01-2017, 08:06 AM
See, it is shit like that which prevents me from visiting you and Aliza. I travel with my wife and she won't even look at a picture of a snake. America's Wang is off limits.
Today the major pass across the state is closed due to ice and snow and trees and maybe falling cats and dogs, I don't know. A big freezing rain ice storm is hitting the east slopes over a wide area. It rained 1.5" here last night.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-01-2017, 09:39 AM
(18-01-2017 08:06 AM)skyking Wrote:  See, it is shit like that which prevents me from visiting you and Aliza. I travel with my wife and she won't even look at a picture of a snake. America's Wang is off limits.
Today the major pass across the state is closed due to ice and snow and trees and maybe falling cats and dogs, I don't know. A big freezing rain ice storm is hitting the east slopes over a wide area. It rained 1.5" here last night.

On the other hand right now we have clear, blue skies, 5mph breezes, and 70F

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
18-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Right! Hurricane season is over. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
18-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Biggest news in my area. I swear these are headlines, I'm not making any of this up:

The city is going to cut baseball diamond availability so they can have more room in the parks for events
A boy went snowboarding with his dog
A drunk driving trial was told that the accused couldn't stand up when arrested
A truck spilled a "small amount" (the actual amount wasn't specified) of fuel on a country road when it tipped onto its side
Seven people protested for about two hours in front of a menswear store that sells natural-fur clothing.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
19-01-2017, 12:19 AM
(18-01-2017 09:46 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Biggest news in my area. I swear these are headlines, I'm not making any of this up:

The city is going to cut baseball diamond availability so they can have more room in the parks for events
A boy went snowboarding with his dog
A drunk driving trial was told that the accused couldn't stand up when arrested
A truck spilled a "small amount" (the actual amount wasn't specified) of fuel on a country road when it tipped onto its side
Seven people protested for about two hours in front of a menswear store that sells natural-fur clothing.

You lucky bastard, you live somewhere boring.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-01-2017, 12:33 AM
The pass is still closed and no timeline of opening. check out the live cameras up there:
http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/passes/snoqualmie/
12-06-2017, 03:34 PM
My whole arm was in its mouth’: Snorkeling mom loses an arm while battling a shark

Horrific that a shark took her arm? Yes.
But even more horrific to me is this comment, "The incident left Johnson “thankful to be able to share this story and I hope, and I know, that it’s going to change people’s lives because you can’t hear this story and not see God in it.”

Facepalm

[Image: 503410a058bf8c7618ef6c162e037bed.jpg]

close enough

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-06-2017, 03:58 PM
(12-06-2017 03:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  you can’t hear this story and not see God in it.”

Well, she's technically right, FC. Seeing as her god-monster is a sadistic, genocidal maniac. A such a good teacher, too Drinking Beverage

[Image: tumblr_nznuzzI1Aw1s726nbo1_400.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
12-06-2017, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 05:55 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Some Muslims are trying to pay the nearby village for vacant farmland owned by the village, so they can put a mosque on it. It's in the middle of nowhere, and no one cared about the land until the mosque proposal. Suddenly there's a petition going around to "preserve this farmland heritage" or some such crap. And at the zoning meeting, people were shouting about how this would invite "radical Islamic terrorism" to their middle of nowhere place in Cheeseland. Edit: And I'm not kidding, the words "radical Islamic terrorism" were used more than once. Edit2: Just watched a YouTube clip from a local (very Right) leaning news channel with a woman at the zoning meeting asking "what if a convicted terrorist" was on the mosque's board.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post